Contribute
Register

How to Create a OS X El Capitan Public Beta Installation USB Using Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I dit it with Clover_v2.3k_r3270.

Same options when I did if for Yosemite. The only that is different is config.plist ( I used that Clover bootloader did it)

I will try to use the same config.plist that I use in Yosemite.

If I put the config.plist from yosemite, boot with normal flags...... screen with apple, and when the system change to white screen and a colour wheel I dont see anything....

If I boot with -x flag......... the system doesn't boot.

Attachments

• IMG-20150924-WA0028.jpeg
    IMG-20150924-WA0028.jpeg
    375.1 KB · Views: 332
Hi.

I have the same issue. Does anybody have the same problem?:banghead:

It started to load slowly form usb and finally show the white screen and the cursor working but nothing more. I have a nvidia gtx 970 and I used nvidia_disable=1 and the last clover release. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Are you using the Config.plists that TonyMac posted? they are from Yosemite builds of Clover and should not be used, you might be able to get it kicking if you manually change the version number, I have had no luck with his configs, I'm going to attempt it with clover's inbuilt files soon

For those of you using the MAS official Release use:
Code:
[COLOR=#263034][FONT=monospace]sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app --nointeraction[/FONT][/COLOR]

Same options when I did if for Yosemite. The only that is different is config.plist ( I used that Clover bootloader did it)

If I put the config.plist from yosemite, boot with normal flags...... screen with apple, and when the system change to white screen and a colour wheel I dont see anything....

Did you edit the Config.plist under Rt Variables BooterConfig 0x28 & CsrActiveConfig 0x3?

Are you using the Config.plists that TonyMac posted? they are from Yosemite builds of Clover and should not be used, you might be able to get it kicking if you manually change the version number, I have had no luck with his configs, I'm going to attempt it with clover's inbuilt files soon

That's BS, you can use the same Config.plist you just need to make a few edits.

For those of you using the MAS official Release use:
Code:
[COLOR=#263034][FONT=monospace]sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app --nointeraction[/FONT][/COLOR]

The command in the first post of the thread is wrong though.

Same issue. Any luck?

Please update your topic for final release. You have an incorrect command for the installer.

This should be used as a command from the app store for El Capitan:

sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app --nointeraction

or else it will give you an error:
/Applications/Install OS X Capitan.app does not appear to be a valid OS installer application.

Please update your topic for final release. You have an incorrect command for the installer.

Read the thread title - This guide is for the public beta.

Read the thread title - This guide is for the public beta.
It should work for public release anyway..

"(For Final Release)"

The only problem I'm getting now is that my USB is booting into BIOS, no idea why.. Tried it with GM image and public

(For Public Beta)
Code:
sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan\ Public\ Beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan\ Public\ Beta.app --no interaction

(For GM Candidate)
Code:
sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan\ GM\ Candidate.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan\ GM\ Candidate.app --no interaction

(For Final Release)
Code:
sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Capitan.app --no interaction

I get an error message unless I put the last parameter in one word: --nointeraction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back