Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there @kgp did you manage to get Prime Deluxe X299 BIOS Ver. 1603 to work with your Config? Mine (just other CPU) isn't recognizing the USB XHCI Ports in any ways with 1603 flashed. 1503 works flawless. Even IOReg shows no XHCI Devices with 1603.

What are you running at? 1503?

Regards from Germany.
It happened to me as well. I fixed it by a CMOS reset (Turn power OFF on the PSU, press the On/Off button until all power is gone from the board, press the CMOS reset button on the motherboard for 10-15 seconds, restore power) and reflashing 1503.
Apparently, if you do a CMOS reset, 1603 should also work, but I didn't try it again afterwards.

Guten Rutsch,

D

Reactions: kgp
Hi there @kgp did you manage to get Prime Deluxe X299 BIOS Ver. 1603 to work with your Config? Mine (just other CPU) isn't recognizing the USB XHCI Ports in any ways with 1603 flashed. 1503 works flawless. Even IOReg shows no XHCI Devices with 1603.

What are you running at? 1503?

Regards from Germany.

Yes, I am successfully running 1603 after a CMOS reset. If you do not succeed with 1603 downgrade to 1503. You also might need a CMOS reset in this case.

Good luck.

@kgp

Hi i followed your guide and everything works really good, except for the USB.

I use the Prime X299-A and i have downloaded a premade usb-inject kext from the link in your post (see kext folder in EFI)
But the only port that is working is the USB 3.1 (Port A). And it does work without the usb-inject kext as well, so i guess there is something weird going on here.

But other than that, thanks for an amazing guide.

(I didn't post any BIOS screenshot, since i have copied all your BIOS settings, and i mean all of them. =) )

Attachments

• helpKGP.zip
    48.4 MB · Views: 190
@kgp

Hi i followed your guide and everything works really good, except for the USB.

I use the Prime X299-A and i have downloaded a premade usb-inject kext from the link in your post (see kext folder in EFI)
But the only port that is working is the USB 3.1 (Port A). And it does work without the usb-inject kext as well, so i guess there is something weird going on here.

But other than that, thanks for an amazing guide.

(I didn't post any BIOS screenshot, since i have copied all your BIOS settings, and i mean all of them. =) )

Read recent posts about issues and solutions concerning BIOS firmware 1603 along my X299 10.13 and 10.14 threads.

Good luck,

KGP

Read recent posts about issues and solutions concerning BIOS firmware 1603 along my X299 10.13 and 10.14 threads.

Good luck,

KGP

I just tried to downgrade to 1503, still the same issue. I am running 10.13.6
I don't really know where to look tbh

EDIT: Also did a CMOS reset, and had the battery on my motherboard out for 2 minutes, just in case.

I just tried to downgrade to 1503, still the same issue. I am running 10.13.6
I don't really know where to look tbh

EDIT: Also did a CMOS reset, and had the battery on my motherboard out for 2 minutes, just in case.

It must work such! CMOS reset and try to reflash 1503 subsequently. Perform another CMOS reset if necessary.

You can write me 5 times and I will not be able to provide you any other solution.

Good luck

It must work such! CMOS reset and try to reflash 1503 subsequently. Perform another CMOS reset if necessary.

You can write me 5 times and I will not be able to provide you any other solution.

Good luck

I will try CMOS reset again. But you mean that it can't be anything else than a BIOS issue?

I will try CMOS reset again. But you mean that it can't be anything else than a BIOS issue?
Something is screwed in the ACPI tabled when you flash the bios, hell knows what. But if your machine worked properly before the flash and you perform a CMOS reset and reflash, it will work as it did before

one last thing, if i may disturb you maestro =)

I use the Broadcom BCM943602CS WiFi + Bluetooth module from ebay.

The WiFi works OOTB, but the bluetooth doesnt.
(it did work on my previous Z170X hack)
And in PCI system report, it says that it's an audio device (see attached). The cable is connected to the proper usb-header on motherboard.

Any clues? @kgp or just anyone?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-12-30 at 18.28.35.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-30 at 18.28.35.png
    102.3 KB · Views: 99
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back