Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I just successfully installed High Sierra on my PC - Asus X299 Mark 2 with i9-7940x and Nvidia Quadro M6000 24GB.
When I try to run some 3D app or app that is using more graphic power, it crashes :( report is having issues with graphics driver. I get tired of windows and linux doesn't give me apps I use for my work.
I know that there is an issue with my config file, but I am afraid when I edit something that my system will not boot it up.
I will really appreciate if someone can help me. Thank you.

View attachment 346601

View attachment 346602
View attachment 346603

View attachment 346604
View attachment 346605
View attachment 346606
Hello Dank0! Im building a High Sierra Hackintosh with almost the same GPU! But my PC is Asus X99 PRO USB 3.1 / Intel i7 6800k/ PNY Nvidia Quadro M6000 12GB.
Did you find a solution for the GPU bad performance? In my case the M6000 has a very poor performance and it crash with some apps like Final Cut X. As well Im getting random freezes after long hours of inactivity...
Please can you help me?

Thanks!

@kgp you wrote r.i.p next to the pci card (thunderboltex 3), is that because it’s not compatible with this hack anymore?

The Titan Ridge is not for sale in my country...

@kgp you wrote r.i.p next to the pci card (thunderboltex 3), is that because it’s not compatible with this hack anymore?

The Titan Ridge is not for sale in my country...

The meaning of R.I.P was that I do not use anymore the TBEX 3 on my systems. It is not a question of incompatibility. If you are content with the TBEX 3 and its single TB 3 port you are free to use it on your system.

The meaning of R.I.P was that I do not use anymore the TBEX 3 on my systems. It is not a question of incompatibility. If you are content with the TBEX 3 and its single TB 3 port you are free to use it on your system.

Oh Alright! So if it sometime in the future gets possible to use both TB3 ports in MacOS, it could be smart to have alpine / titan. Cause that is not possible right now, is it? Thanks for the quick reply.

Oh Alright! So if it sometime in the future gets possible to use both TB3 ports in MacOS, it could be smart to have alpine / titan. Cause that is not possible right now, is it? Thanks for the quick reply.

Both TB3 ports of the Alpine Ridge or Titan Ridge can be used without any problem under macOS including hot plug.

Both TB3 ports of the Alpine Ridge or Titan Ridge can be used without any problem under macOS including hot plug.

Holy Moly! That was something i had missed. Now that’s a game changer. Thanks for the info!

Have a good weekend, i will order the alpine then!

Edit: @kgp How about the thunderbolt 2 ports? Do they work?

Hi @kgp how do I exactly manage 1603 on my X299 Deluxe (Sorry but want to be sure I do it right)?
CMOS Reset-->Flash-->CMOS Reset-->done?

Did not get it to work with USB as I told before, IoReg does not show up.

Tried almost everything now: 1401-->1603 with CMOS before and after..no USB; even 1503-->1603 with CMOS Reset no USB...downgrade to 1503...no USB...downgrade to 1401 got USB, then to 1503 even got USB...1603 is lack of USB in my Config.

Hi @kgp how do I exactly manage 1603 on my X299 Deluxe (Sorry but want to be sure I do it right)?
CMOS Reset-->Flash-->CMOS Reset-->done?

Did not get it to work with USB as I told before, IoReg does not show up.

Tried almost everything now: 1401-->1603 with CMOS before and after..no USB; even 1503-->1603 with CMOS Reset no USB...downgrade to 1503...no USB...downgrade to 1401 got USB, then to 1503 even got USB...1603 is lack of USB in my Config.

You should not address the 1603 firmware issue to me but to ASUS. 1603 works in my case.

Not Adressed to you, all good. Just asked for be sure i did nothing wrong while updating...

Confusing me that behaviour on my Board...

Not Adressed to you, all good. Just asked for be sure i did nothing wrong while updating...
Confusing me that behaviour on my Board...

Maybe for clarity: specify the exact bios flash procedure that was used, since there are several options.
Such as: a DOS prompt from a bootable USB thumb drive, within Windows, the "bios flashback" button, & etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back