Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi to all. Thanks to KGP for this extremely detailed guide and all your guys sharing your experience. I just build my comp with X299-UD4 Pro, i7-7820X, 32 GB Vengeance, Nvidia GTX 780, Samsung 960 EVO 250GB. I followed exactly the guide but now I'm having problems on installing HS. Can someone help. Thanks in advance.
002.jpg
0001.jpg

Hi to all. Thanks to KGP for this extremely detailed guide and all your guys sharing your experience. I just build my comp with X299-UD4 Pro, i7-7820X, 32 GB Vengeance, Nvidia GTX 780, Samsung 960 EVO 250GB. I followed exactly the guide but now I'm having problems on installing HS. Can someone help. Thanks in advance.View attachment 352003View attachment 352004

1.) Did you adopt and add TSCAdjustRest.kext as stated in the guide?
2.) Did you add boot flag ncpi=0x2000 as stated in the guide?

Please add your Skylake-X/X299 system specs (mobo, CPU, GPU) to either your profile or signature!

Thanks in advance,

KGP

Please add your Skylake-X/X299 system specs (mobo, CPU, GPU) to either your profile or signature!

Thanks in advance,

KGP

Thanks in advance,

KGP
Thanks KGP for your quick response. And sorry for my sys specs. I just updated. Yes i adopted TSCAdjustRest.kext, and added ncpi=0x2000 bootflag. In the very first try the installer hangs on "nvdastartup official". After that started this screens.

Thanks KGP for your quick response. And sorry for my sys specs. I just updated. Yes i adopted TSCAdjustRest.kext, and added ncpi=0x2000 bootflag. In the very first try the installer hangs on "nvdastartup official". After that started this screens.

Then please revise BIOS settings

Then please revise BIOS settings
Thanks a lot KGP. Was a stupid fault. I've copy TSCAdjustRest.kext in "kekst" folder not in "other". I've just installed and was really simple. Really the simplest installer I've ever done. Thanks again. Regards.

Reactions: kgp
here you have
Hey man, thanks for the kext, but I still have "AppleUSBXHCI::interruptOccurred: clearing change bits on unused port 18-26"
You can clearly see, that the kext is loaded (screenshot attached)
I also have:
HID: Legacy shim 2

Do you know what it is?
Maybe I did something wrong with PCI implementation, can you take a look by chance(also attached)?
btw XHC4 is my PCI add in card: inateck kt4004, which works oob

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-21 at 21.15.41.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-21 at 21.15.41.png
    653.2 KB · Views: 87
  • SSDT-X299-iMacPro-Alex-TUFM1.aml.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 60
In regards to my previous problem: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-extended-guide.229353/page-1043#post-1810675

I have now flashed Bios Revision 1301, 1401 and 1503 with no change. Both my main hard drive and usb install drive of mac OSX 10.13.5 boot with the same issue.

I have removed all optional hardware. Including the OSX Wifi card and Asus C100C 10G card. Still no joy.

At this point I'm thinking it must be some piece of the remaining hardware that must have died. All thats left is the RAM, Motherboard, CPU or Graphics card. Having built a third system that had a bad motherboard, i'm starting to lean that direction.

It seems like "guysmiles" solved this problem when he was experiencing it (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...d-extended-guide.229353/page-759#post-1746550) because he has posted since he made that post. Has anyone else seen this before? I'm surprised its not a common issue among hackintoshers with this setup.

Hey man, thanks for the kext, but I still have "AppleUSBXHCI::interruptOccurred: clearing change bits on unused port 18-26"
You can clearly see, that the kext is loaded (screenshot attached)
I also have:

Do you know what it is?
Maybe I did something wrong with PCI implementation, can you take a look by chance(also attached)?
btw XHC4 is my PCI add in card: inateck kt4004, which works oob

What about adopting the usb port limit patch to the amount of USB ports used on your mainboard?

In regards to my previous problem: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-extended-guide.229353/page-1043#post-1810675

I have now flashed Bios Revision 1301, 1401 and 1503 with no change. Both my main hard drive and usb install drive of mac OSX 10.13.5 boot with the same issue.

I have removed all optional hardware. Including the OSX Wifi card and Asus C100C 10G card. Still no joy.

At this point I'm thinking it must be some piece of the remaining hardware that must have died. All thats left is the RAM, Motherboard, CPU or Graphics card. Having built a third system that had a bad motherboard, i'm starting to lean that direction.

It seems like "guysmiles" solved this problem when he was experiencing it (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...d-extended-guide.229353/page-759#post-1746550) because he has posted since he made that post. Has anyone else seen this before? I'm surprised its not a common issue among hackintoshers with this setup.

Because nobody here has this issue. Are you sure you adopted and added TSCAdjustReset? Are you sure that you manually disabled MSR lock wirhin your mainboard BIOS settings?

If all this does not help, provide your EFI-Folder and snaphots of your BIOS settings. Nobody is able to provide help based on your extremely basic and poor information

Because nobody here has this issue. Are you sure you adopted and added TSCAdjustReset? Are you sure that you manually disabled MSR lock wirhin your mainboard BIOS settings?

Thanks for replying KGP. This was a working installation of Mac OSx 10.13.5, so I'm fairly certain is was configured correctly, but I will check that next. I am certain that the MSR Lock is disabled in the BIOS though. That was one of the first things I thought it was too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back