Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
every USB port works, dunno why just the mouse / trackpad they lag so much, plz see attached.

Maybe due to your current GPU inplementation. No idea what is the source of your issue and I do not face any comparable issue..

I'll try something, I'll update you if I discover something interesting. Thanks as always mate!

Maybe due to your current GPU inplementation. No idea what is the source of your issue and I do not face any comparable issue..

I solved with USBInjectAll.kext

Hei KGP sory to be a pain but you didnt say nothink about my post (10073) about the dual monitor not working, anythink i can do?

i quote "i tryed to plug a second monitor in my 1080ti on the dvi port and while macos x running it will work fine when i restart both monitors go black and wont work. have you instaled dual monitor in your set up? is it somthink i can do to fix the black screens on start up? maybe if i install the second monitor in a display port or HDMI via adaptor will fix the problem?"

thanks again

and lastly i tryed to plug a second monitor in my 1080ti on the dvi port and while macos x running it will work fine when i restart both monitors go black and wont work. have you instaled dual monitor in your set up? is it somthink i can do to fix the black screens on start up? maybe if i install the second monitor in a display port or HDMI via adaptor will fix the problem?
Either try using Display Port or HDMI. At least the Display Port should work - i use a dual monitor setup on a GTX 1060 using only the Display Ports.

When i used the DVI-Port i had a similar issue as you.
As my second screen is quite old and does only have an DVI-Port i used an DVI (Monitor) to Display Port (GPU) adapter to connect it.

Is either of them needed if the gpu is implemented in the ssdt?
You don't need whatevergreen. Vega5kfixup is an extract of some whatevergreen code found to make all the Vega DP ports work.

The Vega SSDT job is to make a pretty name and make it show in the PCI list, later SSDT also modifies the thermal and frequencies tables (E.g over clock the card).
It doesn't fix the fact that using multiple display at the same time doesn't work without the kext.
Having said that for @kgp it seems that the SSDT was sufficient to make multiple DP screens work. I couldn't reproduce that myself. So try with the SSDT alone and see if that works for you. Personally, I only install things if it's absolutely necessary.

You don't need whatevergreen. Vega5kfixup is an extract of some whatevergreen code found to make all the Vega DP ports work.

The Vega SSDT job is to make a pretty name and make it show in the PCI list, later SSDT also modifies the thermal and frequencies tables (E.g over clock the card).
It doesn't fix the fact that using multiple display at the same time doesn't work without the kext.
Having said that for @kgp it seems that the SSDT was sufficient to make multiple DP screens work. I couldn't reproduce that myself. So try with the SSDT alone and see if that works for you. Personally, I only install things if it's absolutely necessary.

Apart from the modification of Vega thermal, voltage and frequency tables, the most actual Vega-SSDT also successfully implements all available GPU ports including multi-monitor support and display hot plug functionality.. The main purpose of the Vega-SSDT, if properly implemented, is the adequate modification of GPU properties and not to show a pretty name under Section "PCI" of Apple's system report.

Cheers,

KGP

Apart from the modification of Vega voltage and frequency tables, the most actual Vega-SSDT also successfully implements all available GPU ports including multi-monitor support and display hot plug functionality.. The main purpose of the Vega-SSDT, if properly implemented, is the adequate modification of GPU properties and not to show a pretty name under Section "PCI" of Apple's system report.

Cheers,

KGP
I’ll try again the ssdt then, see if it works with my 3 screens (the 5k being like 2 screens)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back