Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll try again the ssdt then, see if it works with my 3 screens (the 5k being like 2 screens)

In fact it should work.. in my case all 4 ports of the Nitro+ Vega 64 are fully functional (2x HDMI, 2x DP), including multi-monitor support and display hot plug..

I guess, in your case it is obsolete to mention that there is need for properly adopting ACPI path and respective ACPI replacements, when applying the SSDT on your system.. Also some method DTPG implementation is absolutely mandatory in addition..

Good luck,

KGP

Edit:

Anyway, my initial advise was, not to use Whatevergreen and Vega5kfixup together.. If one opts for a kext implementation, he should either use Vega5kfixup.kext OR Whatevergreen.kext. The combination of both kexts would rather worsen the entire situation..In contrary, I would not know any reason why the combination of my Vega-SSDT and your Vega5kfixup.kext would be harmful in any direction.. Everybody not experienced with system SSDTs should skip the Vega-SSDT implementation and rather try his luck with a standalone Vega5kfixup.kext OR Whatevergreen.kext implementation...

Last edited:
Well, my card has 3 DP and 1 hdmi , so it’s likely that some of the tables that could make the ports work with your card, won’t work for mine...
I was doing work on the AMD drivers the other night (on windows, part of my work), and I noticed in the registry exactly the same table names as you added in the SSDT. I wonder if that’s where they are coming from, and if extracting those would be sufficient to make it work.

Well, my card has 3 DP and 1 hdmi , so it’s likely that some of the tables that could make the ports work with your card, won’t work for mine...
I was doing work on the AMD drivers the other night (on windows, part of my work), and I noticed in the registry exactly the same table names as you added in the SSDT. I wonder if that’s where they are coming from, and if extracting those would be sufficient to make it work.

Nope.. ports are automatically detected and initialised by the SSDT. There is no hardwired port pre-configuration.. It should work with all Vegas, in-depended of the number and properties of the ports.. Of course the limit is 6 ports max..

BTW.. my Vega-SSDT is an adaptation and extension of SSDT-4.aml of the iMac Pro dump.. I don't know to which AMD drivers you are referring..

Me personally I don't see any reason for further modifications or for committing further efforts in developing deviating approaches, as the current Vega-SSDT-implementation perfectly works on my system..

Good night, world ;).. off to bed..

Last edited:
Nope.. ports are automatically detected and initialised by the SSDT. There is no hardwired port pre-configuration.. It should work with all Vegas, in-depended of the number and properties of the ports.. Of course the limit is 6 ports max..

BTW.. my Vega-SSDT is an adaptation and extension of SSDT-4.aml of the iMac Pro dump.. I don't know to which AMD drivers you are referring..

Me personally I don't see any reason for further modifications or for committing further efforts in developing deviating approaches, as the current Vega-SSDT-implementation perfectly works on my system..

Good night, world ;).. off to bed..

Dear kgp,

in your code block for the PowerPlayTable there is a column of values at the beginning in /* */ (0000 through 02B0). Are these comments or are they required for the function of the table? I.e. if I have VGTab generate a Table for me and just paste the raw contents of the text file (0xB6...) into the curly brackets, will it work?

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Dear kgp,

in your code block for the PowerPlayTable there is a column of values at the beginning in /* */ (0000 through 02B0). Are these comments or are they required for the function of the table? I.e. if I have VGTab generate a Table for me and just paste the raw contents of the text file (0xB6...) into the curly brackets, will it work?

Thanks in advance,

Dan

They are automatically added by MaciASL and are comments.. You can directly drop the values of the PowerPlayTable created by VGTab to the PowerPlayTable of your SSDT. After saving and reopening the SSDT, the PowerPlayTable will again look like before (with the comments in first raw)..

I'm a complete noob to hackintoshing. I am making my first attempt(s) over the next few days following this guide. I really think I may need significant handholding throughout this process. Below is the rig I just put together, Win 10 and gaming already.

Asus ROG Strix x299-E Gaming
i5 7640x (for Now)
2x8Gb Ballistix Sport 2666 (For Now)
GTX 950 SSC Evga

So I adapted the vega ssdt for my system (in PC01.BR01.SL01)...
Without the vega5kfixup, I only get one screen to work (the 3rd DP port), port 1 and 2 don't work if DP3 works.
With the vega5kfixup, the system will boot if when booting I only have the screen on DP3 on, once booted I can turn on the other screens.
If I boot with all the screens on, it looks like this:
20180828_104712.jpg
Garbage on DP2 and blank on DP1. And the system will hang 5s after that requiring a hard reset.

@apfelnico vega original SSDT included a port configuration (marking the first 3 ports as DP and the last one as HDMI), don't know if that's what made the difference.

So unfortunately, your newer VEGA SSDT doesn't work for me, can't be used in combination with the kext either.

I can adapt @apfelnico SSDT to include the PP_* table, so people can get their Vega OC should they desire...

Would that be of interest to you?

The AMD Windows drivers... They install such tables in the windows registry.

So I adapted the vega ssdt for my system (in PC01.BR01.SL01)...
Without the vega5kfixup, I only get one screen to work (the 3rd DP port), port 1 and 2 don't work if DP3 works.
With the vega5kfixup, the system will boot if when booting I only have the screen on DP3 on, once booted I can turn on the other screens.
If I boot with all the screens on, it looks like this:
View attachment 348247
Garbage on DP2 and blank on DP1. And the system will hang 5s after that requiring a hard reset.

@apfelnico vega original SSDT included a port configuration (marking the first 3 ports as DP and the last one as HDMI), don't know if that's what made the difference.

So unfortunately, your newer VEGA SSDT doesn't work for me, can't be used in combination with the kext either.

I can adapt @apfelnico SSDT to include the PP_* table, so people can get their Vega OC should they desire...

Would that be of interest to you?

The AMD Windows drivers... They install such tables in the windows registry.

Thanks.. I could adopt @apfelnico 's SSDT myself to include the PP_* table.. But I won't.. I already stated repetitively, my Vega-SSDT perfectly works on my system.. No need for Whatevergreen, vega5kfixup or any further adaptation..

Did you also properly account for method DTPG?

sorry for noob question, but i searched and tried and only after that im posting here

tried to rename display@0 to GFX0@0 in clover, for some reason i cant get it done, is this some x299 specific problem, am i renaming wrong ioreg item?

incl screenshot of the hex string
incl screenshot of current ioreg gfx section

please advice what am i doing wrong

Attachments

• hexstring.png
    hexstring.png
    22 KB · Views: 104
  • ioreg.png
    ioreg.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 106
Last edited:
sorry for noob question, but i searched and tried and only after that im posting here

tried to rename display@0 to GFX0@0 in clover, for some reason i cant get it done, is this some x299 specific problem, am i renaming wrong ioreg item?

incl screenshot of the hex string
incl screenshot of current ioreg gfx section

please advice what am i doing wrong

Dear me! Why you want to rename display@0 to GFX0@0?

As you use your Vega 56 GPU in Slot-1 and you also employ the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe, you need to perform exactly the same ACPI replacements as already implemented in my SSDT-X299-iMacPro-Vega.aml...

Take a breath and carefully investigate the respective Vega SSDT implementation ;)..

Good luck :thumbup: ,

KGP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back