Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a proposal, nothing else.. you don‘t have to...

The new TB-SSDT provides both TB and TB USB hotplug with THB_C removed. It is a significant simplification of all former TB-SSDTs. However, like all former TB-SSDTs, it is just a hot plug workaround and not a real or complete TB system implementation.

To have different versions upcoming from time to time is the meaning of system development, isn't it?

Yes but there was no explanation of what the changes were in the page 1 post or in your post above announcing the change. Usually with system development there's some kind of change log, so that's why I was asking.

Yes but there was no explanation of what the changes were in the page 1 post or in your post above announcing the change. Usually with system development there's some kind of change log, so that's why I was asking.

Change log is part of the x299 mojave build and desktop guide.. too late to implement a change log here.. anyway I advised the changes also here within a dedicared post and added links wirjin the guide to provide further background information..

hi @kgp how are u my friend? Several months have passed that I cannot follow all the updates on the forum.
I updated from 10.13.3 to 10.13.6 updated efi clover 4630 and installed the new nvidia driver; now on reboot I can no longer mount the EFI partition nor clover configurator nor from the terminal. How can I solve it ??

diskutil mount /dev/disk0s1
Volume on disk0s1 failed to mount
If the volume is damaged, try the "readOnly" option

Thank you for the input! I will try when I get home. I still have some work to do on this build. :( Even though this guide is AWESOME and I am so grateful it even exists, It seems some of the process is obsolete. And while some of the answers seem to be later in the thread, reading through 900+ (nearly 1000) pages of posts to get that info isn't really the most efficient use of time. LOL.

Screenshot 2018-08-08 at 11.13.49.png

hi @kgp how are u my friend? Several months have passed that I cannot follow all the updates on the forum.
I updated from 10.13.3 to 10.13.6 updated efi clover 4630 and installed the new nvidia driver; now on reboot I can no longer mount the EFI partition nor clover configurator nor from the terminal. How can I solve it ??

diskutil mount /dev/disk0s1
Volume on disk0s1 failed to mount
If the volume is damaged, try the "readOnly" option

Hello @DanyH, my friend ;)..

Did you update Clover Configurator to the actual release?

Hello @DanyH, my friend ;)..

Did you update Clover Configurator to the actual release?

I thought I did and instead I had not updated to 5.1.5.0. xD
any news about the sensor.kext that a few months ago they had problems with iStat.
and as always, thank you very much @kgp ;)

I thought I did and instead I had not updated to 5.1.5.0. xD
any news about the sensor.kext that a few months ago they had problems with iStat.
and as always, thank you very much @kgp ;)

Update to iStatMenus 6.2.. ;)

All former issues removed..

Hi Loloflatsix!
First I would like to thanks all you members in this forum for your great work!
I'm waiting for the parts to arrive which are the same with yours Loloflatsix. X299UD4, Core i7 7820X. If you could send me your EFI folder would be helpful. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

For future updates: instead of several such updates all at once, try updating each item individually, then re-boot after each update.
Clover updates in particular should try and isolate from other system updates.

Thanks alot KGP for detailed guide with x299-deluxe! I DIY my rig the same hareware components with yours. verything goes great except the thunderbolt 3. I come up with the following problems and questions:
a.) Is it mandatory to install win10 in uefi mode first to make thunderbolt3 card works
b.) hot-plug functionality works on 10.13.4! but after I update to 10.13.6, it fails. and I just confused with all the sevary sst-amls! Shoud I place all of them into ACPI patch folder?

sorry for my ignorance, so would you kindly just email me your current perfectly working EFI to me? ([email protected])
my hardware is I9-7980xe, GTX1080TI and x299-deluxe with thunderbolt 3 card in PCIE slot_3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back