Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just out of curiosity, what video cards (AMD or NVidia) can be used in a High Sierra Hackintosh, that do NOT have these fan speed issues?

Why don’t you opt for custom GPU waterblocking? In the latter case, just have a look at EK.

BTW.. I never heard about Fan Speed issues with Nvidia...

Why don’t you opt for custom GPU waterblocking? In the latter case, just have a look at EK.

BTW.. I never heard about Fan Speed issues with Nvidia...

I have an Asus 1080 ROG Stix and the fans stay idle unless I play games, in both macOS and Win10. And by idle I mean not spinning at all.

Just out of curiosity, what video cards (AMD or NVidia) can be used in a High Sierra Hackintosh, that do NOT have these fan speed issues?

RX560 I had in another machine had no such issues. Since it’s Polaris, maybe RX580 doesn’t have that issue either (I don’t know haven’t tested).

However don’t be surprised if this issue gets fixed in 10.13.6 and Mojave. I would submit the issue to Apple feedback since they support Vega officially now.

Before High Sierra I had nvidia and I didn’t see any fan issues.

I'm beginning to hate one thing about this Hackintosh. Bluetooth just SUCKS.

I have the OSXWIFI card and had an onboard one and same issue with a Sony headphone.

There's intermittent stuttering sometimes and I think it has to do with something else besides the bluetooth card(s) or headphones.

The ports are properly set and it's getting really tiresome. I also tried 3 different types of antennas.

RX560 I had in another machine had no such issues. Since it’s Polaris, maybe RX580 doesn’t have that issue either (I don’t know haven’t tested).

However don’t be surprised if this issue gets fixed in 10.13.6 and Mojave. I would submit the issue to Apple feedback since they support Vega officially now.

Before High Sierra I had nvidia and I didn’t see any fan issues.

I am considering going back to an Nvidia card until this issue is fixed (if it ever gets fixed --- maybe Apple does not consider it a defect). As it stands now, I cannot work with the system, as the fan noise is very bothersome.

Looking around some other forums, it would appear that the issue persists in the 10.13.6 beta 1, as well as the Mojave beta 1 :(

I am considering going back to an Nvidia card until this issue is fixed (if it ever gets fixed --- maybe Apple does not consider it a defect). As it stands now, I cannot work with the system, as the fan noise is very bothersome.

Looking around some other forums, it would appear that the issue persists in the 10.13.6 beta 1, as well as the Mojave beta 1 :(

I have the Vega FE and it’s not bad on my system. Case is closed and it’s not terrible. It idles around 600rpm sometimes 1600 if I have light gpu loads and on full load it goes to 2000rpm+ and it’s audible but not horrible.

Maybe RX Vega is worse

Are you sure that also TB hot plug is working? If so, can you explain further details?

Cheers, man!

For now I can only test hotplug with
- USB or HDD connected on USB 3.1 port
- I always boot with my screen connected on USB C port

So :
- I can eject and replug USB or HDD on USB 3.1 port
- After wake USB or HDD is pluged and my screen goes on.
That all I can say.

@kgp

I have attached my SSDT TB3 according to the SSDT-X299-TB3-iMacPro-KGP the ASUS TBEX3 in PCI Slot-4 implementation in IOREG ACPI path PCI0.RP21 for Gigabyte X299 UD4.

Attachments

• SSDT-TB3-GAX299UD4.aml
    6 KB · Views: 112
Reactions: kgp

Its not that simple... you will only get water blocks for reference cards which most of them are not if you buy a new one.

Hey, thanks for this awesome Guide!
I have a Gigabyte x299 Gaming 7 and created the USB Stick. I need just a
Hint for possible Reasons, why im not have a Boot Install Entry (Icon) if i boot
from this USB Stick. The boot.efi is in .IABootFiles.

Its not that simple... you will only get water blocks for reference cards which most of them are not if you buy a new one.

I was mainly referring to EK water blocking for Vegas.. These are also those GPUs with the fan issue...

Thought that was obvious... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back