Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should IntelMasuiEthernet and SmallTree-Intel-211-AT-PCIe-GBE be installed in the 'Kexts/Other' EFI folder or in S/L/E or L/E?

they can be in either, but being in kexts/Other is much easier to maintain, and you don't have to worry about kext cache, permissions and the like

they can be in either, but being in kexts/Other is much easier to maintain, and you don't have to worry about kext cache, permissions and the like
That’s what I suspected, I just tried installing in the other locations to try and solve the issue.

Which adapter do you use? Do you use WOL and PowerNap?

I use neither, because otherwise you find that your machine never sleeps. Same issue with a real Mac.

So may as well leaving it on all the time and not worry with WOL.

PowerNap is a different, unrelated story.

Quick question, building an Asus Prime X299 Deluxe, i9-7980xe, machine for the audio studio.
since it's for audio editing, don't want to invest in high-end GPU.
what is the natively supported and lesser priced GPU?
bellow 450$.

What kind of audio processing could ever require a 7980?

Hi! it might be obvious but... where should I write the code in E.3.1? (...and every other code of the E. section :confused:)

Comment: Find*[Hex] Replace [Hex]
CAVS -> HDEF 43415653 48444546

it tried in the terminal, but it does not seem to work
thanks in advance for your help

Last edited:
Hi! it might be obvious but... where should I write the code in E.3.1
it tried in the terminal, but it does not seem to work
thanks in advance for your help

E.3) Audio Configuration:
E.3.1.) AppleALC Audio Implementation
You must perform this in config.plist first : uncheck the line in the config plist attached on the guide with clover configurator:
ACPI :
DSDT :
Code:
Comment                         Find*[HEX]      Replace*[HEX]
Rename CAVS to HDEF      43415653        48444546

And also AppleALC.kext v1.2.4, which further requires the Lilu.kext v1.2.2 in the /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ directory of your System Disk.

And so on for other steps fallow the guide

Last edited:
thx @Loloflatsix
yes I did download AppleALC.kext v1.2.4 & Lilu.kext v1.2.2 and placed them in the /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ directory.
then in the clover configurator I opened the config.plist
under ACPI, the CAVS to HDEF is not disabled
but I still do not find any space in the Clover Configurator to write the code...

thx @Loloflatsix
yes I did download AppleALC.kext v1.2.4 & Lilu.kext v1.2.2 and placed them in the /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ directory.
then in the clover configurator I opened the config.plist
under ACPI, the CAVS to HDEF is not disabled
but I still do not find any space in the Clover Configurator to write the code...

So no more to do if not check at first boot :

Lolo seed 18 04.jpeg

many thkx @Loloflatsix , indeed it was very simple :oops: and I completed section E.9.1
but again facing some difficulties with next step, section E.9.2
  • Do I need to download SSDT-X299-iMacPro.aml
  • and to copy it into CLOVER/ACPI/patched where I already found a ssdt.aml file ?
  • Where should I write the definition block entry and PCI Device implementation: in the SSDT-X299-iMacPro.aml?
  • how to open a .aml and edit it?

beside I have another question related to my own config... Please tell me if I should rather open a new topic:
I have the Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 64 in slot 1 of my Asus x299 Deluxe
it is sooo big that it hides slot 2 & 3
slot 4 is too close so I did not want to use it in order to leave some air to the GPU, therefore I choose not to have thunderbolt, at least for now.
so I had only slot 6 available to insert my RAID controller
Anyone knows how I could get it work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back