Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@djlild7hina I am getting random freezes on my hackintosh, with similar configuration to yours. Can you please share your EFI folder for me to try?

New Section E.14) iStatMenus Hardware Monitoring

iStatMenusHWSensorData.png

iStatMenus-CPU-Utilization.png

iStatMenus-Preferences-1.png

iStatMenus-Preferences-2.png

Enjoy and have fun :thumbup:

kgp.png

Last edited:
Oh.. thanks! Now i feel really dumb for not noticing that.
I guess I'll go with an MSI X299 Gaming Pro AC.

If you ask my for my honest opinion, I would not try to save 100$ on the mainboard side, which will be one of the core components of your future system. Go for e.g. the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe, ASUS WS X299 Sage or Gigabyte X299 Designare EX, not only for the sake of guide compatibility.

Good luck,

KGP

If you ask my for my honest opinion, I would not try to save 100$ on the mainboard side, which will be one of the core components of your future system. Go for e.g. the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe, ASUS WS X299 Sage or Gigabyte X299 Designare EX, not only for the sake of guide compatibility.

Good luck,

KGP
I wouldn't mind recommending the ASUS X299-A PRIME. It's basically the same as the Deluxe minus a few things (less USB ports, no TB3 addon, etc). It's almost 100% compatible with the guide and half the price. I actually got mine on a sale for $175… Can't complain! :) My goal is to eventually move to an mATX board, hopefully a X299-M WS or something, whenever ASUS gets those out… ;)

@zzmadd, could you please add your Skylake-X/X299 system specs (mobo, CPU, GPU) to either your profile or signature?

Many thanks in advance,

KGP
I'm building this machine fro someone else, should I add the specs anyway?
I added some specs.

I followed the guide and enabled
d.) CPU Core Ratio: Sync All Cores
BUT I'm unable to modify the value both in
- b.) AVX Instruction Core Ratio Negative Offset: "3"
and
c.) AVX-512 Instruction Core Ratio Negative Offset: "2"

Basically the bios is stuck into auto, I can't do anything. Am I missing anything? How to enter the proper values?

Thanks a lot :)

Last edited:
I'm building this machine fro someone else, should I add the specs anyway?
I added some specs.

I followed the guide and enabled
d.) CPU Core Ratio: Sync All Cores
BUT I'm unable to modify the value both in
- b.) AVX Instruction Core Ratio Negative Offset: "3"
and
c.) AVX-512 Instruction Core Ratio Negative Offset: "2"

Basically the bios is stuck into auto, I can't do anything. Am I missing anything? How to enter the proper values?

Thanks a lot :)

You should enter these values using numbers on your keyboard. For example if you want offset "3", just press "3" on your keyboard.

i think we need newer compiled GPUSensors.kext release from here https://github.com/kozlek/HWSensors

Ohh I see.. @Kozlek implemented the Skylake-X/X299 modifications of @interferenc and recently added also Polaris GPU support.

Can anybody with a ATI Radeon GPU try to run the most actual Kozlek HWSensor and FakeSMC binaries attached below and report back if the ATI Radeon GPU sensor data are implemented now?

Attachments

• HW-Sensors-Kozlek.zip
    162.5 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back