Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks !

I have understand after take a look to the files you have shared.

This SSDT is right for me for my RX 580 in slot 1.

What is Mirone's patch ?
Someone previously wrote that I use Mirone's patch. No, this is normal Lilu+ALC

Thanks guys!!
It seems to work now with Option 2 and Voodoo.
tomorrow I install PCIe WiFi+Bluetooth and Thunderbolt

I have an i9-7900X installed and patched the bios with the unlocked one.
have a question about the Bios settings.
I followed the guide and enabled
d.) CPU Core Ratio: Sync All Cores
BUT I'm unable to modify the value both in
- b.) AVX Instruction Core Ratio Negative Offset: "3"
and
c.) AVX-512 Instruction Core Ratio Negative Offset: "2"

Basically the bios is stuck into auto, I can't do anything. Am I missing anything? How to enter the proper values?
Also performance wise for now I get 2424 in Cinebench. But it seems a bit short of what was achieved with the 18 cores version.

Any news regarding the NVIDIA web drivers for 17D2104 SA?

got around to installing mac os on the ws x299 sage and so far so good. I'll leave the post installation stuff for another day :)

Reactions: kgp
got around to installing mac os on the ws x299 sage and so far so good. I'll leave the post installation stuff for another day :)

You have a typo in your profile ;) .. I guess it should read Asus WS X299 Sage instead of Asus WS X99 Sage :thumbup:...

You have a typo in your profile ;) .. I guess it should read Asus WS X299 Sage instead of Asus WS X99 Sage :thumbup:...

Whoops I totally missed that! fixed :)

Reactions: kgp
Any news regarding the NVIDIA web drivers for 17D2104 SA?

Following my conversation on 5 March 2018 with Ray of Nvidia (see post #5985), they should release a Web Driver for 17D2104 today, 7 March 2018 (48 hours)...

Thanks guys!!
It seems to work now with Option 2 and Voodoo.
tomorrow I install PCIe WiFi+Bluetooth and Thunderbolt

I have an i9-7900X installed and patched the bios with the unlocked one.
have a question about the Bios settings.
I followed the guide and enabled
d.) CPU Core Ratio: Sync All Cores
BUT I'm unable to modify the value both in
- b.) AVX Instruction Core Ratio Negative Offset: "3"
and
c.) AVX-512 Instruction Core Ratio Negative Offset: "2"

Basically the bios is stuck into auto, I can't do anything. Am I missing anything? How to enter the proper values?
Also performance wise for now I get 2424 in Cinebench. But it seems a bit short of what was achieved with the 18 cores version.

@zzmadd, could you please add your Skylake-X/X299 system specs (mobo, CPU, GPU) to either your profile or signature?

Many thanks in advance,

KGP

Hello @kgp, thanks for this amazing guide!
I never really considered building a x299 system but I recently found someone close by selling an i9-7900X CPU for 600$, so now I'm tempted. One question though, do i really need a high-end board like the Asus Prime X299 Deluxe to take full advantage of the CPU or could I be just fine with a cheaper option like an MSI X299M-A Pro? What would i be losing with a cheaper board like that? (Sorry if it's a dumb question)

Hello @kgp, thanks for this amazing guide!
I never really considered building a x299 system but I recently found someone close by selling an i9-7900X CPU for 600$, so now I'm tempted. One question though, do i really need a high-end board like the Asus Prime X299 Deluxe to take full advantage of the CPU or could I be just fine with a cheaper option like an MSI X299M-A Pro? What would i be losing with a cheaper board like that? (Sorry if it's a dumb question)

The MSI X299M-A supports Intel ® Core™ i7-7740X and i5-7640X processors only (limited to 64GB RAM).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back