Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should enter these values using numbers on your keyboard. For example if you want offset "3", just press "3" on your keyboard.
Thanks that was supereasy and a little stupid on my part.
Now the settings are as per the guide.
I didn't tweak the voltage yet.

I have another doubt though, CPU temps.
My Hardware is:
Asus Prime X299-A
i9-7900X
NH-D15 with double fan and the case is open at this stage.

When I run cinebench 15 all cores have a freq of 4.5Ghz
Temps spike immediately, Fans speed ramps up immediately

CPU Package and CPU Heatsink reach 105°
CPU Core A 85°
Some of the individual Cores 100°/105°
Some of the Individual Cores 85°/95°
Mainboard Proximity 93 and Ambient 93°

Should I re-apply the thermal paste?
Should I lover the voltage?

Any thought?
Thanks a lot.

Thanks that was supereasy and a little stupid on my part.
Now the settings are as per the guide.
I didn't tweak the voltage yet.

I have another doubt though, CPU temps.
My Hardware is:
Asus Prime X299-A
i9-7900X
NH-D15 with double fan and the case is open at this stage.

When I run cinebench 15 all cores have a freq of 4.5Ghz
Temps spike immediately, Fans speed ramps up immediately

CPU Package and CPU Heatsink reach 105°
CPU Core A 85°
Some of the individual Cores 100°/105°
Some of the Individual Cores 85°/95°
Mainboard Proximity 93 and Ambient 93°

Should I re-apply the thermal paste?
Should I lover the voltage?

Any thought?
Thanks a lot.

Immediately lower the CPU frequency!

You can than play with the core voltage. However, following my recent experience this won't help much, as after the latest ASUS mircocodes update within 1102, the auto vcore adjustment works fine.

If you aim at running the i9-7900X @4.5GHz, implement some sophisticated CPU water blocking!

Ohh I see.. @Kozlek implemented the Skylake-X/X299 modifications of @interferenc and recently added also Polaris GPU support.

Can anybody with a ATI Radeon GPU try to run the most actual Kozlek HWSensor and FakeSMC binaries attached below and report back if the ATI Radeon GPU sensor data are implemented now?

I rebooted after copying the HWSensors but still I see no data for my ASUS AMD RX 580 8GB, while other info are gone, like CPU frequencies.

I rebooted after copying the HWSensors but still I see no data for my ASUS AMD RX 580 8GB, while other info are gone, like CPU frequencies.

What do you mean by "other CPU frequencies are gone"? The CPU Sensor kext has not been changed or touched at all! Everything is working as expected!

Immediately lower the CPU frequency!

You can than play with the core voltage. However, following my recent experience this won't help much, as after the latest ASUS mircocodes update within 1102, the auto vcore adjustment works fine.

If you aim at running the i9-7900X @4.5GHz, implement some sophisticated CPU water blocking!

I basically followed the guide step by step as per Bios settings.
Thing is temp spike up instantly, can it be the thermal paste or it's because those frequencies are to be aimed after de-lidding?

Should I disable
"ASUS MultiCore Enhancement" AND/OR "CPU Core Ratio - Sync All Cores"?

Thanks a lot.

Ohh I see.. @Kozlek implemented the Skylake-X/X299 modifications of @interferenc and recently added also Polaris GPU support.

Can anybody with a ATI Radeon GPU try to run the most actual Kozlek HWSensor and FakeSMC binaries attached below and report back if the ATI Radeon GPU sensor data are implemented now?

GPU + CPU temperature sensors are working here with Vega Frontier.

But the separate CPU multipliers are not supported. Only CPU-Package.

I basically followed the guide step by step as per Bios settings.
Thing is temp spike up instantly, can it be the thermal paste or it's because those frequencies are to be aimed after de-lidding?

Should I disable
"ASUS MultiCore Enhancement" AND/OR "CPU Core Ratio - Sync All Cores"?

Thanks a lot.

What do you mean by you "basically followed the guide step by step as per Bios settings"? Forget about changing the thermal paste. Delidding your CPU might lower the CPU temps by roughly 20 deg C.

However, please consider that you employ air flow cooling! You never will be able to achieve CPU frequencies enabled by sophisticated Cpu water blocking!

What do you mean by "other CPU frequencies are gone"? The CPU Sensor kext has not been changed or touched at all! Everything is working as expected!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-03-07 at 11.04.25.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-07 at 11.04.25.png
    216.6 KB · Views: 161
  • Screen Shot 2018-03-07 at 11.06.59.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-07 at 11.06.59.png
    252.1 KB · Views: 176
GPU + CPU temperature sensors are working here with Vega Frontier.

But the separate CPU multipliers are not supported. Only CPU-Package.

ohh I see, thats true.. also my case.. let's see if @interferenc can implement the modified GPU kext in his HWSensor distribution..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back