Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went back through the guide and verified my BIOS options. Think it was setting Sync All Cores to Auto that fixed all my problems. Well almost all of them. With the Blackmagic Mini Monitor connected in PCI slot 4 I can see it Resolve doesn't crash when opening. But I get no playback at all. If I turn the video output in Resolve to None and restart, it plays back fine....

Has anyone modified the AML files or and PCI options to have better luck with video output from Resolve?

When setting "CPU Core Ratio" to "Sync all Cores" instead of "Auto", did you also set the appropriate AVX offsets?

If you don't do that, you will just get a random KP after few minutes or even immediately after login...

And it is not "Sync All Cores" to be set to "Auto", it is "CPU Core Ratio" to be either set to "Auto" or "Sync All Cores".

Cheers,

KGP

Of note! I put the BMD card in the 3rd slot where my Thunderbolt once was, and it works..... BOOM! Computers are weird. I love them, and I hate them. KGP. You rock dude.

Of note! I put the BMD card in the 3rd slot where my Thunderbolt once was, and it works..... BOOM! Computers are weird. I love them, and I hate them. KGP. You rock dude.

@smak , my friend.. will you remember to implement your Skylake-X/X299 system specs (mobo, cpu, gpu) in either your profile or signature?

This is a friendly reminder!

All the best,

KGP

0x402 is unlocked. You don't get the correct value (0x7E000003) because you have the core scope patch enabled. Disable it.

Yes, that fixed my problem, its returning correct value now
RDMSR e2 returns value 0x7e000003

Hey Guys,

Anyone do photo editing? I tried to run Luminar 2018, v1.10, 1.11, they crash the whole system when an image is opened...

every other app on my system seems fine, Adobe CC, FCP X, Resolve, Cinebench, Geekbench

I'm running the latest EFI-X299-10.13.3-Release-iMacPro1,1-020218

Is there a proper ssdt for a 7900x?

Or is there a utility to generate that that isn’t a script like ssdtgenerator?

Is there a proper ssdt for a 7900x?

Or is there a utility to generate that that isn’t a script like ssdtgenerator?

The plugin-type injector is CPU independent and works for all Skylake-X CPUs. You might know that formerly for running XCPM on older CPUs (Broadwell-E/EP, Haswell-E/EP), I used Pike Alpha's ssdtPRGen.sh, which makes the ssdt.aml CPU specific. As any Skylake-X CPU is now anyway fully managed by HWP, the plugin-type injector is totally sufficient, if not even obsolete in addition.

In any case, no need for what you are asking for (at least in my opinion).

the plugin-type injector

Which one is that?

I was thinking of the SSDT.aml file because PowerNap and other advanced settings are not showing up in energy saver.

Which one is that?

I was thinking of the SSDT.aml file because PowerNap and other advanced settings are not showing up in energy saver.

The plugin-type injector ssdt.aml provided by @interferenc is implemented and linked in Section E.1) of my guide

Screen Shot 2018-02-04 at 06.33.10.png

and attached at the bottom of the the originating post of this thread (guide)

Screen Shot 2018-02-04 at 04.50.34.png

and was part of the discussion covering the last 170 posts. I think @interferenc and me distributed it at least 4 times in addition.

See, e.g. post #4895 or post #4887 or post #4832 or post #4798....

Thus, once more, I attach it here below. To be used in /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/...

Good luck!

Screen Shot 2018-02-04 at 04.42.54.png

Attachments

• ssdt.aml.zip
    828 bytes · Views: 73
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back