Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you think of anything that would be blocking the patch from working? I've used the BIOS Flashback button multiple times with the supplied 299D.cap and one that I generated. Both give me back the RDMSR e2 returns value 0x402 in terminal after I reboot

It's normal! (in terminal after boot)

now try

Code:
cd ~/Desktop/voltageshift/

sudo chmod -R 755 VoltageShift.kext

sudo chown -R root:wheel ~/Desktop/voltageshift/VoltageShift.kext

./voltageshift read 0xe2
and you should see

RDMSR e2 returns value 0x7e000003 :)

I've tried following the x299d.cap file you supplied and made my own. Both these return the line:
RDMSR e2 returns value 0x402

I know the bios is installing because the boot logo is changing between Asus and Welcome to iMac Pro, but can't seem to patch the MSR. Any ideas? When I try to load the .cap file in EZflash of the bios it won't let me. But using the EZflash button on the board seems to work.

Also has anyone tried Blackmagic Design PCI cards? When I have these in my system they show as x1 in the PCI information and cause Resolve to trash on boot.

Yes same here, i also got
RDMSR e2 returns value 0x402

my clover boot log (i get it from clover configurator) says:
0:100 0:000 MSR 0xE2 before patch 00000402
0:100 0:000 MSR 0xCE 00070C2C_F3011F00
0:100 0:000 MSR 0x1B0 00000000

which is slightly different from KGP's guide

I have a blackmagic design pci card, decklink mini monitor 4k, i haven't installed it yet, i will report back once i have it...

Last edited:
@smak and @filmafx
When you put in terminal: bdmesg after boot and you have 402 result it's OK
then when you put what I copied in post #4945
with: ./voltageshift read 0xe2

You should see RDMSR e2 returns value 0x7e000003
but if doesn't work... you have to verify if you BIOS was packed correctly..

Did you lost your configuration after patch? if not - bios wasn't patched?
What I can propose... - simply try to flash with a different USB drive
and patching/update can take even few minutes so .. Relax :p
Remake whole process.. and everything should be OK :)

Can you think of anything that would be blocking the patch from working? I've used the BIOS Flashback button multiple times with the supplied 299D.cap and one that I generated. Both give me back the RDMSR e2 returns value 0x402 in terminal after I reboot

@smak, @filmafx,

during the EZ Flashback procedure, the EZ Flashback light starts blinking, towards the end of the BIOS flashing procedure, the EZ Flashback light starts blinking even faster (at higher frequency), until it turns off when the EZ Flashback procedure is finished.

It should never turn into a static light during the entire procedure!

Static EZ Flashback light means that something is wrong with your USB Flash drive as it directly implements that the EZ Flashback procedure failed entirely. It could also implement that you just connected your derive to any USB port different from the EZ Flashback USB port.

I just recommend in general to use a USB3.0 Flash Drive formatted in FAT32! Remember that it must be properly connected, i.e. to the EZ Flashback USB port of your ASUS mainboard!

Good luck,

KGP

It is called X299D.CAP not 299D.CAP!

@smak, would you be so kind to implement your Skylake-X/X299 System Specs (mobo, CPU, GPU) in either your profile or signature?

Many thanks in advance,

KGP

Mine looks the same! Can you boot without VoodooTSCSync or TSCAdjustReset.kext?

Mine looks the same ;) and I can't boot without VoodooTSCSync.kext or TSCAdjustReset.kext...

Screen Shot 2018-02-03 at 23.17.47.png

guys, I asked you to boot up and then check the last 10m of logs and then grep that to find TSC.
"last 10m | grep TSC" does nothing,
do "log show --last 10m | grep TSC" and right after booting.
But you don't have to, all of our systems have the unsynced tsc errors on boot.

I was just doing it directly after wake from sleep... will now do it directly after boot ... ;)

guys, I asked you to boot up and then check the last 10m of logs and then grep that to find TSC.

ok this is now with "log show --last 10m | grep TSC" directly after boot and 1 min after passing the login screen:

Screen Shot 2018-02-03 at 23.32.27.png

An that's the result after wake from sleep:

Screen Shot 2018-02-03 at 23.35.47.png

I went back through the guide and verified my BIOS options. Think it was setting Sync All Cores to Auto that fixed all my problems. Well almost all of them. With the Blackmagic Mini Monitor connected in PCI slot 4 I can see it Resolve doesn't crash when opening. But I get no playback at all. If I turn the video output in Resolve to None and restart, it plays back fine....

Has anyone modified the AML files or and PCI options to have better luck with video output from Resolve?

Screen Shot 2018-02-03 at 5.53.56 PM.png

Could this audio device be messing with it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back