Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a way to change Generic AHCI Controller to something normal and correct?

Also seems like the audio is just seen as a PCI device? I noticed it seems to be seen as AirPort but that problem went away?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-03 at 8.01.45 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-03 at 8.01.45 AM.png
    104.9 KB · Views: 159
  • Screen Shot 2018-02-03 at 7.59.46 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-03 at 7.59.46 AM.png
    51.2 KB · Views: 144
You're right, so far it's the observation we're making.

What I'm thinking also is that maybe nobody is running their machine for more than 2 days straight without any sleep or reboot. :/

The issue appears to occur only when the computer is running straight without any kind of interruption. A reboot or sleep appears to reset the timer of the issue.

That's a weird and totally misleading assumption at your side!

My friend, I am running my machine on a 24/7/365 base!!! I told you this repeatedly!!!

I.e., I never turn it off for weeks!!! I never faced any KP over several months!!!

When will you realise that your KP issue is simply your personal problem or a problem strictly related with the Rampage VI!

Please don't spread weird conspiracies, which you even permanently intent to generalise to all other X299 Systems!

Just sell your Rampage VI and change to the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe..

and all your weird problems will be gone ;)

I am really starting to get upset with all your fairy tails and invalid suspicions and claims..

All the best,

KGP

Last edited:
Please don't spread weird conspiracies, which you even permanently intent to generalise to all other X299 Systems!

I knew you would feel it that way again. I am not spreading anything. Please understand that I have to post my observations somewhere... so far this is the best thread to talk about this issue. I wanted to contact @interferenc by private message, but he deactivated that option, so I'm left with writing here... and believe me I'm trying not to especially when I know you're always interfering and battle my sayings. :(

My friend, I am running my machine on a 24/7/365 base!!! I told you this repeatedly!!!

I know you told me that, but I'm having a hard time believing you, especially because you apply changes to your Clover, so you have to reboot your machine every now and then... Also you're not saying if you're putting your machine to sleep or not. Prove me that you are able to run your 7980XE machine for more than 2 days straight without sleep or reboot and I will believe you.

I trust you when you say that the R6E is not that great and I should probably do that.

I knew you would feel it that way again. I am not spreading anything. Please understand that I have to post my observations somewhere... so far this is the best thread to talk about this issue. I wanted to contact @interferenc by private message, but he deactivated that option, so I'm left with writing here... and believe me I'm trying not to especially when I know you're always interfering and battle my sayings. :(

I know you told me that, but I'm having a hard time believing you, especially because you apply changes to your Clover, so you have to reboot your machine every now and then... Also you're not saying if you're putting your machine to sleep or not. Prove me that you are able to run your 7980XE machine for more than 2 days straight without sleep or reboot and I will believe you.

I trust you when you say that the R6E is not that great and I should probably do that.

:banghead:

I was simplifying my config.plist for YOU and because of your weird stories!!!!!!

WHEN I TELL YOU THAT I RUN MY SYSTEM ON A 7/24/365 BASE, HOW CAN YOU PERMANENTLY QUESTION WHAT I AM SAYING???? Do you think I am a liar?

IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME, DON'T FOLLOW MY GUIDE!

Before the BIOS patch, I was running my system for weeks and months with Sleep/Wake disabled! NO KP AT ALL!! NEVER!! NEVER!! NEVER!! Do you understand what means NEVER in English?

Since the BIOS Firmware, my System again runs now with Sleep/Wake absolutely flawless!!
NO KP AT ALL!! NEVER!! NEVER!! NEVER!!

You know what, do what you want!

I am really fed up! You will never believe that your are wrong with all your misleading and invalid suspicions..

Ask @Ramalama how to properly configure and run a Rampage VI Extreme, if you by yourself are not able!

But please stop polluting and spamming this thread with your KP stories and conspiracies.

@Ramalama is obviously able to run the Rampage VI Extreme without any issue.

Have a great day,

KGP o_O

Last edited:

I have sleep disabled and my machine runs 24/7. I have occasional crashes due to Davinci Resolve that would require me to reboot, but I've definitely made it 3+ days. I'm currently at 21 hours.

Reactions: kgp
I've tried following the x299d.cap file you supplied and made my own. Both these return the line:
RDMSR e2 returns value 0x402

I know the bios is installing because the boot logo is changing between Asus and Welcome to iMac Pro, but can't seem to patch the MSR. Any ideas? When I try to load the .cap file in EZflash of the bios it won't let me. But using the EZflash button on the board seems to work.

Also has anyone tried Blackmagic Design PCI cards? When I have these in my system they show as x1 in the PCI information and cause Resolve to trash on boot.

Last edited:
I've tried following the x299d.cap file you supplied and made my own. Both these return the line:
RDMSR e2 returns value 0x402

I know the bios is installing because the boot logo is changing between Asus and Welcome to iMac Pro, but can't seem to patch the MSR. Any ideas? When I try to load the .cap file in EZflash of the bios it won't let me. But using the EZflash button on the board seems to work.

Also has anyone tried Blackmagic Design PCI cards? When I have these in my system they show as x1 in the PCI information and cause Resolve to trash on boot.

I'm using Blackmagic Design Decklink Mini Monitor without any problems. Works great in Premiere and Resolve.
In PCI info mine shows as it is as 1x card. If you ar using different card, witch is not 1x, then keep in mind, that device info in PCI tree could be wrong.

EZflash wont work with patched BIOS files. You should use BIOS flashback button on your MB.

Reactions: kgp
Can you think of anything that would be blocking the patch from working? I've used the BIOS Flashback button multiple times with the supplied 299D.cap and one that I generated. Both give me back the RDMSR e2 returns value 0x402 in terminal after I reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back