Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can buy a new delidder and then sell it later. If there are no used ones in France it should be easy to sell.
At 4.8 my temps were around 70 with Cinebench, so it is the best and cheapest way to get a cooler CPU.
Also, have you tried the new High Sierra (10.13.2)? The Vega scores are about 20% or 30% higher now. So the drivers are getting better :)

I tried to install 10.13.2 - 2 times without luck and then I was concentrated more on Gigabyte vs Asus test/benchmarks etc
than 10.13.2.
Yes I heard 25-30% of performance boost (or simply saying: correct performance) :)
I would like to test it but actually I used 300Gb of 4G downloaded data limit on my 4G internet, so I can't even download any update .. :p after 2 days my limit will renew so... that will be great moment for other. tests :)

To install it I had to format another disk, install the 10.13.0, then upgrade that using my normal EFI. Then I migrated my stuff.
It's worth it for my Architectural design because now there aren't any GPU crashes and the 3D model moves around very smoothly. I save time and make more money :)

One thing you can try when you upgrade is to one by one remove the kext and kernel patches in your config.plist.
Every patch is a potential crash when Apple changes that kext.
I tried your config.plist and it works great, but it's the same performance and stability as mine and I don't have any patches at all.
It's also worthwhile to one by one remove 64 bit drivers and kexts, just to see how clean you can get it.
A lot of people are saying now that you don't need a patched SSDT too...

Yes I always use few backup SSDs for tests, especially last 2 moths I didn't finish migration of all most important work data, because I wait to final release of Mac's Pro for my Vega and full functionality with all apps etc...

Last shared config, was (fast made) 1st Gigabyte config created yesterday after MB change...
Last try with 10.13.2 was on ASUS Prime Deluxe MB so I think, tomorrow I will try on this one ... Gigabyte... :p
and we will see..
I never remove 64 bit drivers but I started with 2 kext, then I added others for LAN, Audio etc etc.. :)

and Yes of course, we don't need SSDT any more (I can confirm for ASUS and Gigabyte MB with 7900x) :)
Next news... 10.13.2 update (try) I will share tomorrow :)

Last edited:
To install it I had to format another disk, install the 10.13.0, then upgrade that using my normal EFI. Then I migrated my stuff.
It's worth it for my Architectural design because now there aren't any GPU crashes and the 3D model moves around very smoothly. I save time and make more money :)

One thing you can try when you upgrade is to one by one remove the kext and kernel patches in your config.plist.
I tried your config.plist and it works great, but it's the same performance and stability as mine and I don't have any patches at all.
It's also worthwhile to one by one remove 64 bit drivers and kexts, just to see how clean you can get it.

a.) There are absolutely no kext and kernel patches to be skipped in my distributed EFI-Folder.
b.) The same states for the kexts!
c.) The ACPI DSDT Replacement Patch Table is absolutely mandatory for a correct mac-environment. The necessity of a XCPM SSDT.aml depends on the processor.
d.) If you talk about the SSDT-X299.aml, your are totally wrong...This SSDT is absolutely mandatory for correctly implementing all PCI devices and is the result of the hard work of several people.

You are apparently missing knowhow and knowledge and you seem even happy to neglect the basics.. more.. you are even proud about it.. :lol: But please do not animate other people in my thread to do so too, ok? ;)

Many thanks in advance and all the best!

Asus enhanced.... can be disabled.
Don't change everything on the same time!!!
1 max 2 options -reboot,
next option... reboot .. etc :)

PS: Did you installed your OS X with "SyncAll Cores" or not?
if you installed OS X with bad BIOS config ... you know..
...it's not cool because it should be FIRST ; correct bios config and then CleanInstall what I mentioned before! :D
so that's why you loose your time with boot problem etc...

If you didn't installed your all Apps etc etc - don't wait, make a new Correct BIOS profile
and reinstall OS X "with SyncAllCores" Enabled :)

BTW:
I changed my MB for 2 days of tests - holllyyy s//%t
what a performance difference on Gigabyte without SyncAllCores :crazy:
but at this moment it's beta 10.13 from old testSSD so we will see tomorrow :p

ok , today I was restarted , I will make an installation above what I have to lose nothing to see how it goes, in a few days I tell you, thank you very much.

You know....it would nice to see your config.plist and screen shots of your kexts directory and your drivers64UEFI directory. You could always just blur out the security information (Mac identification stuff) in the config.plist.....

You know....it would nice to see your config.plist and screen shots of your kexts directory and your drivers64UEFI directory. You could always just blur out the security information (Mac identification stuff) in the config.plist.....

@mm2margaret, if you are really interested, please visit the thread of @pete1959:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-i9-7900x-x299-ga-aorus-9-radeon-vega.229006/.

There you'll find his EFI and his entire approach.. and there is also enough space to place your further questions and comments..

Please don't start again with the entire unpleasant discussion we already discussed on pages 6 to 12 here in my thread! If you would have followed my thread from the very beginning, you would know what I am talking about. However, I know that for somebody who joined my thread later, it is difficult to control 157 pages and 1570 replies with already 112.00 views! Therefore, I help you to access the desired information, just to avoid confusion and any unnecessary continuation of the entire discussion.

Thanks in advance for your comprehension!

Last edited:
It seems that I can't send PMs..yet. Well this is kinda of offtopic for x299 but ok.

Attached is an dsl file.

You have to change the location to the corresponding pcie slot where the wx 7100 is located.

If you have enabled the rename patches for audio, then you also need to mention the renamed port. In my example that is PCI1 and the corresponding pcie switch/bridge. You can look that up by searching the card in IOReg. Compile the dsl to aml with maciasl (or the core command line iasl) and put it in clover/acpi/patched and give it a try.

Credits go to the guys in the whatevergreen support topic.
Hi Menno,

I tried your method with my WX5100 but still not working. I checked the boot log and it still shows Device ID:1002:67C7 unsupported. Tried PCI1 and PCI0. Can you show me the original Whatevergreen thread so I can learn from? I just put the SSDT_GPU.aml into the ACPI/Patch folder is that correct?

@mm2margaret, if you are really interested, please visit the thread of @pete1959:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-i9-7900x-x299-ga-aorus-9-radeon-vega.229006/.

There you'll find his EFI and his entire approach.. and there is also enough space to place your further questions and comments..

Please don't start again with the entire unpleasant discussion we already discussed on pages 6 to 12 here in my thread! If you would have followed my thread from the very beginning, you would know what I am talking about. However, I know that for somebody who joined my thread later, it is difficult to control 157 pages and 1570 replies with already 112.00 views! Therefore, I help you to access the desired information, just to avoid confusion and any unnecessary continuation of the entire discussion.

Thanks in advance for your comprehension!

@kgp:

I have no desire to stir up controversy in this thread. i'm only trying to gain knowledge before I leap into an X299 system. Thanks.

Reactions: kgp
It is a little like saying - every processor with turbo boost ...is overclocked
it's like fast walking = slow running...
like grand-mother with moustache = almost grand-father :p

In my opinion we should't call it form or just overclocking, but enhanced boost or
better: synchronised boost for all cores with maximum frequencies
designed for - it's not more, higher than provided with intel specifications
we can say: auto-default boost was only for (for example) 6 cores not 10
and we want only synchronise all cores to default 4,5 Ghz (3.0 boost freq..)
so we don't uses higher frequencies that CPU was designed by default, we turn on only synchronisation for all cores.

That's why, if you wan't overclock you can go higher, use different voltages, especialy different CPU multiplier, BLCK frequency, turn off a lot of energy saver options and. many others....

and again - that's why I'm like a donkey which will always repeat - don't call it OC, when (for me) logically it's not real OC :) :p

BTW: I tried to OC my CPU few hours today, but without magic results (this is max for today):
View attachment 293022

I have to change my cooling system and delid my CPU!

BTW: if anyone want to sell ROCKIT 99 tool or can find it - to buy it in Europe;
please let me know!!! :thumbup:

If you don't mind sharing, what is your OC settings? I recently delided my 7900x and ran a dual rad custom Waterloop. Now its time to start pushing this thing. Right now I only have sync-all cores enabled and I am getting Multi-Core Score of 34984. I am hoping I can get into the low 40's range. Might need to swamp my Ram for something faster though.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-11-18 at 9.06.48 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-11-18 at 9.06.48 AM.png
    147.4 KB · Views: 89
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back