Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don't mind sharing, what is your OC settings? I recently delided my 7900x and ran a dual rad custom Waterloop. Now its time to start pushing this thing. Right now I only have sync-all cores enabled and I am getting Multi-Core Score of 34984. I am hoping I can get into the low 40's range. Might need to swamp my Ram for something faster though.
Hi @rudey
Last 2 days I changed mb to Gigabyte X299 Aorus Ultra Gaming - only for few tests
so this evening I will back to my beautiful ASUS Prime Deluxe and then I can share some settings etc :)

Your actual performance is very low for 7900X ....a minimum what you should have next few days
should be between 5600-5900 in single-core and 39000-41000 multi-core or more (if you have 7900X)
because if you have 7800X what we can see on your profile - that will be a big difference :p

BTW: Which tool you used to delide your CPU? Do you want to sell it? :p (I'm try to find one for me - in Europe) :D

Last edited:
Hi @rudey
Last 2 days I changed mb to Gigabyte X299 Aorus Ultra Gaming - only for few tests
so this evening I will back to my beautiful ASUS Prime Deluxe and then I can share some settings etc :)

Your actual performance is very low for 7900X ....a minimum what you should have next few days
should be between 5600-5900 in single-core and 39000-41000 multi-core or more (if you have 7900X)
because if you have 7800X what we can see on your profile - that will be a big difference :p

BTW: Which tool you used for delide your CPU? Do you want to sell it? :p (I'm try to find one for me - in Europe) :D
Sorry I always forget to update my profile. Just did.

- I9 7900X (delided)
- Asus Prime X299 Deluxe
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 SEA HAWK EK X
- 16GB TridentZ 2400
- 512GB Samsung 960 Pro
- EK Mono block
- 360mm Black Ice SR2 rad
- 240mm Black Ice SR2 rad
- EK D5 pump

As far as the delidding tool, I am happy to sell it. It is a Rockit 99 (https://rockitcool.myshopify.com/products/rockit-99-delid-and-relid-kit-for-skylakex-kabylakex). I am in the states though so not sure how long it would take to get to you. I would even throw in my left over Grizzly liquid metal.

Any tips on how to get to 41000?

Update: just overclocked my ram to 2800 and got a score of 36276.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-11-18 at 10.01.17 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-11-18 at 10.01.17 AM.png
    88.3 KB · Views: 89
Finished 10.13.2 beta 4 update without problems
and yes I can see Vega 64 performance difference :

Screen Shot 2017-11-18 at 16.52.47.png

I miss my ASUS mobo so time to change MB back
and continue all test with Prime Deluxe :)
Again 10.13.4 update- this time on my main NVME and more Vega tests with LuxMark and Geekbench...
that will be long night :p
(and of course share some OC settings for rudey) :D

Hello, I just wanted to post a thank you message to your guide. My build is a bit different from yours (specs on profile) but because of your guide i was able to get the nvidia drivers to finally work properly after so many attempts and time spent. Every other nvidia guide i found did not address the gIO lock 3 issue, or did not clearly post instructions to resolve it, but yours clearly did.

Thank you :)

Hi guys, now that I have all my applications installed, I've been trying to reach my install guy to help me with backing up my M2 SSD to my SATA SSD (so that I have a back up drive), but I haven't heard back from him in the last few days.

Is there a way that someone here would know the steps to use CCC (Carbon Copy Cloner) and Clover (to reinstall the proper folders so that I can boot from my backup drive)? Whatever anyone can provide to help me with this, that would be greatly appreciated, thank you... :)

question,
on my first boot into HS, all my usb ports were working fine.

After doing multibeast & the web driver install (i did not install any USB kexts), some of my USB3.0 ports don't work anymore. I tried installing multibeast's usb inject all, 3.0 generic support & the 7/8/9 motherboard usb support kexts, but they don't resolve the issue.

Does this mean I need to follow section E.4 and create a custom USB inject all kext to get them to work again, or is there a way i can copy something from my clover usb efi over to my system efi to get those usb3.0s working again?

Some good new guys :D

10.13.2 beta 4 installed on our Prime Deluxe without any problems :)

AMD users - Finally we have our correct support for Vega cards!
Almost 30k more in Geekbench Performance score and 4k more in LuxMark bench :headbang:

before 245541-5bb466fabc5b5b30b5d04d11668f2266.jpg.png

and now :)
Screen Shot 2017-11-19 at 00.47.06.png

Google Chrome, Electron Apps, integrated photo editor and other problems - gone :D
Everything works great!

Now I can say, it's a almost Perfect Mac :D :D :D :D :headbang:
(I need more RAM, CPU delid, better cooling, case change... so it's not so bad) :p

And another great news,
I repaired my ASUS LiveDash, which works great now :D
1 pin was ***** - " look below" :p
It's unbelievable how they could sell MB assembled like that
but... what we can say... s#!t happens :p

20171118_131227.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: kgp
Some good new guys :D

10.13.2 beta 4 installed on our Prime Deluxe without any problems :)

AMD users - Finally we have our correct support for Vega cards!
Almost 30k more in Geekbench Performance score and 4k more in LuxMark bench :headbang:

before View attachment 293375

and now :)
View attachment 293376

Google Chrome, Electron Apps, integrated photo editor and other problems - gone :D
Now I can say it's a Perfect Mac :D :D :D :D :headbang:

And another great news,
I repaired my ASUS LiveDash, which works perfect now :D
1 pin was ***** - " look below" :p
It's unbelievable how they could sell MB assembled like that
but... what we can say... s#!t happens :p

View attachment 293377

That's awesome news to hear! Good for you! I can't wait till they release the full version to see how things will work better. Again, GREAT JOB!

Still waiting to hear back from anyone who knows the procedure of backing up my current M2 SSD to my SATA SSD using CCC (Carbon Copy Cloner) and reinstalling the proper folders using Clover. Again, any help would be appreciated.

That's awesome news to hear! Good for you! I can't wait till they release the full version to see how things will work better. Again, GREAT JOB!

Still waiting to hear back from anyone who knows the procedure of backing up my current M2 SSD to my SATA SSD using CCC (Carbon Copy Cloner) and reinstalling the proper folders using Clover. Again, any help would be appreciated.

I hope it will help.

I try to find video which I saw few days ago (almost perfect for you):p
I can't find in my history, but I still will try and share if it's possible :)

Last edited:
I hope it will help.

I try to find video which I saw few days ago (almost perfect for you):p
I can't find in my history, but I still will try and share if it's possible :)

I appreciate this info, I should have been more clear. Using CCC is easy; just override everything on the Backup SATA SSD. The only added thing that I need is instructions on how to reinstall the proper folder info using Clover. That's my main issue right now.

The other thing I'm facing is the M2 SSD. It's now taking up to 6 min for my system to boot into HS. I hear this is an issue with the M2 drives. Any input to fix this? Mind you you're talking to a person who has some idea to install things but need a detailed tutorial to show me how to fix this. If someone has the solution and/or a weblink, could you supply that? Thank you...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back