CPU
i9 7920X
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Your Vega suddenly shows up in Slot-6 under PCI, because apparently the entire SSDT, or at least the GPU and HDAU part fails to load during boot! Please fix!

My guess: As I explicitly state in my guide, method DTPG has been outsourced from the new Nvidia and Vega system SSDTs. To properly run the new SSDT-X299-ImacPro-Vega.aml, you also need SSDT-DTPG.aml in /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/, as explicitly detailed in my guide.

EDIT: I just removed again method PWR from the XHCI PCI device implementation, as apparently it prevents the successful implementation of the system SSDTs during boot. SSDT-X299-iMacPro-Vega.aml and SSDT-X299-iMacPro-Nvidia.aml once more reloaded in post 1 of this thread!

The new SSDT-X299-ImacPro-Vega.aml works fine again, Vega is now in slot 1. I make a modification to remove the 10GIGA network card and to place the Broadcom BCM94360CD WIFI in slot 6, if it is not done, this causes KP if it is installed in slot 6.

Captura de pantalla 2018-09-02 a la(s) 9.45.08 a. m..png

Last edited:
Reactions: kgp
Motherboard
Asus Rog Strix X299 E-Gaming
CPU
i9-7940X
Graphics
GTX 1080
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Still using THCAdjustReset.kext? The problem now is not related with memory allocation errors and also not with "above 4G decoding"! Are you using any XHC USB kext?

Else you should revise your BIOS settings..

Hey I´m not using a THCAdjustReset.kext and no XHC USB Kext! The only Kexts in my EFI are "AGPMEnabler.kext", "FakeSMC.kext", "IntelMausiEthernet.kext" and TSCAdjustReset.kext".
Am I missing something there?

I adopted the BIOS settings you recommended for the ASUS mobo!:)

Motherboard
i7
CPU
Graphics
GeForce GTX570
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi all. I have followed this guide up and till D4.8 and D4.9 - The installer errors with the attached screen shot while at the Installing progress bar and stops at around 11 minutes remaining. I am wondering if this is because EFI folder is not yet on the drive (I can't take the drive out easily and am hoping to do this after a successful install but can't get further than attached).

Perhaps I can download 10.13/10.13.1 or 10.13.2 installer and see if it goes through and the use update to get to 10.13.6?

Thanks

Attachments

• DSC_1356.JPG
    DSC_1356.JPG
    159.1 KB · Views: 41
Motherboard
Asus Prime Z370
CPU
i9-9980
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
<fixed - missed post #10184, but now I reviewed it and everything's fine.....>

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus X299 A 32Gb Ram
CPU
i9 -7920X
Graphics
ATI RX 580 Sapphire Pulse
Mac
  1. iMac
Hi Kgp,

Hope you are well.

Is there some new setting to be added for the i9- 7920X? I saw something for other processors while catching up on missed posts.I cant seem to find it again.

Im on the new 10.13.6 release with your updated folder.

Thanks.

Motherboard
Asus Prime Z370
CPU
i9-9980
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Okay, kgp, I am trying to get this to work. I attempted a re-compile of your aml file and I replaced the Airport slot 3 with as much as I could with my slot 5 code (it compiled with no errors). I have been working on this for quite a while.....with no luck.

When I run a report, I don't see the Wireless in my PCI report.

Can you (or anyone) take a look at my adjusted aml file to see if you can see anything that could fix this? I have been working on this for quite a while with no success......I have uploaded my ioreg file....

Attachments

• Beastie.ioreg
    82.4 MB · Views: 33
  • SSDT-X299-iMacPro-Vega_slot5.aml
    7.5 KB · Views: 20
Motherboard
Asus Prime X299 Deluxe
CPU
i9-7900X
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
That’s what my UPS shows, the screen isn’t even plugged on the UPS.

BTW, my Bluetooth usb dongle works perfectly, I disabled the USB port attached to the built-in BT. haven’t tested with the Magic Trackpad as I don’t have it here.
Do you know if there’s a way to have both BT adapter working at the same time? So I would have the trackpad linked with the Broadcom BT card, and the headset with the USB dongle.

Found plenty of ways o switch between the two, but only one works at a time.

Hello @jyavenard, I got a very basic, probably stupid question. I got a Bluetooth USB Dongle to see if it worked better than my built in adapter but I can't activate it, do you mind pointing me in the right direction? I tried the Bluetooth Explorer thing, but its not working for me.

Motherboard
ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe
CPU
i9-7940X
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello @jyavenard, I got a very basic, probably stupid question. I got a Bluetooth USB Dongle to see if it worked better than my built in adapter but I can't activate it, do you mind pointing me in the right direction? I tried the Bluetooth Explorer thing, but its not working for me.

I couldn't switch between adapters either, so I simply disabled my onboard BT adapter in BIOS. After that, the USB dongle worked.

Motherboard
Asus X299 Prime DeLuxe - 3006
CPU
i9-10980xe
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Okay, kgp, I am trying to get this to work. I attempted a re-compile of your aml file and I replaced the Airport slot 3 with as much as I could with my slot 5 code (it compiled with no errors). I have been working on this for quite a while.....with no luck.

When I run a report, I don't see the Wireless in my PCI report.

Can you (or anyone) take a look at my adjusted aml file to see if you can see anything that could fix this? I have been working on this for quite a while with no success......I have uploaded my ioreg file....

If you use "SL0C" in your ssdt, you are saying that you have your card in "slot3", I have not been able to check your ioreg because it is corrupt, I recommend that you compress it in .zip. Find the correct entry for your card and correct SL0C for the correct entry, greetings.

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Kgp,

Hope you are well.

Is there some new setting to be added for the i9- 7920X? I saw something for other processors while catching up on missed posts.I cant seem to find it again.

Im on the new 10.13.6 release with your updated folder.

Thanks.

i9-7920X ACPI Replacements linked in the guide, my friend

Status
Not open for further replies.