Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
please please please do a video.

Don't need any sensor kexts for appleintelinfo.
Your other issue...
Some fake SMCs have sensor kexts hiding inside them and some older sensor kexts caused kp on the X299. Some broke the fakeSMC kext. It pays to run the full suite of kexts from the latest HWmonitor to be safe. There's a new HWSensors beta out that runs quite well on this platform. This is the latest fakeSMC with the sensor kexts inside it, works on my rig. Try it if you like.

do you still need CPUSensors.kext, GPUSensors.kext, LPCSensors.kext and the like with this fakeSMC?

Played with Prime95 stress test on the Asus... The VRM reaches 106C within 5 minutes !!
Once stopped, it doesn't cool down that quickly either....

very worrying, on the Designare it never reached over 90C

Dears,

I have opened the activity monitor in OSX and there I can see that out of 24 "cores" only 12 get used. mainly the very first one.
Does that confirm already that MSR 0xe2 is locked?

At this moment I am installing Xcode indoor to compile AppleIntelINfo.kext...
I will post the result from that soon.

All the Best
Frank

If it boots, and you haven't installed the kext to get around it, then it means the msr is unlocked.
Nothing to to do with the number of cores used.

Well I guess this says it all:

MSR_PMG_CST_CONFIG_CONTROL.......(0xE2) : 0x8403
------------------------------------------
- I/O MWAIT Redirection Enable......... : 1 (enabled, IO read of MSR(0xE4) mapped to MWAIT)
- CFG Lock............................. : 1 (MSR locked until next reset)
- C3 State Auto Demotion............... : 0 (disabled/unsupported)
- C1 State Auto Demotion............... : 0 (disabled/unsupported)
- C3 State Undemotion.................. : 0 (disabled/unsupported)
- C1 State Undemotion.................. : 0 (disabled/unsupported)
- Package C-State Auto Demotion........ : 0 (disabled/unsupported)
- Package C-State Undemotion........... : 0 (disabled/unsupported)

I am not to much lucky today ;)
Funny thing though:
IA32_PM_ENABLE...................(0x770) : 0x1 (HWP Supported and Enabled)

I am confused :lol:
so i will continue with the rest of the guide were Hardware gets arranged ;-)

All the Best
Frank

No. It has them inside. Open package contents and inside the plugins folder if you want to check it out.

I was having some random shutdown issues (in that my rig wouldn't turn off properly). After some testing, I believe this behavior is related to the sensor kexts I had installed (the ones from @interferenc), because removing the kexts solved the problem.

Has anyone else experienced a similar issue? Have you experienced this at all with the FakeSMC you attached above?

Anybody Experiencing any kernel panics on 1301 Bios? random freezes or any
IA32_MC0_STATUS errors?

Ok so I followed step by step, especially the making a bootable usb, and every-time I put it into my system it wont boot just goes right to the bios. Here is what I have done:

1. Followed steps to unlock MSR BIOS register on my x299 Deluxe by using bios flashback with computer off.
2. ASUS BIOS Configuration - changed bios settings
3. Downloaded a copy of high sierra to my app folder
4. Made a (mac extended journaled guid partition) usb drive using disk utility, named it "usb".
5. Followed steps D.3 on making it bootable, I checked to see if the boot.efi file was there by "showing hidden files" and navigating to the correct folder. Its there!
6. Copied the "EFI-X299-10.13.3-Release-iMacPro1,1-200218" folder to usb flash drive and renamed it EFI.

What am I doing wrong? Everything should work, or at least boot to clover or something. As of now it only goes into the bios screen. Maybe someone has a x299 deluxe .iso of the flash drive they made I could download and clone or see some screenshots or something? Please help! Thank you :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-03-25 at 3.48.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-25 at 3.48.20 PM.png
    271.6 KB · Views: 163
  • Screen Shot 2018-03-25 at 3.48.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-25 at 3.48.10 PM.png
    599.7 KB · Views: 174
  • Screen Shot 2018-03-25 at 3.47.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-25 at 3.47.31 PM.png
    741 KB · Views: 156
  • 20180325_151934.jpg
    20180325_151934.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 146
Ok so I followed step by step, especially the making a bootable usb, and every-time I put it into my system it wont boot just goes right to the bios. Here is what I have done:

1. Followed steps to unlock MSR BIOS register on my x299 Deluxe by using bios flashback with computer off.
2. ASUS BIOS Configuration - changed bios settings
3. Downloaded a copy of high sierra to my app folder
4. Made a (mac extended journaled guid partition) usb drive using disk utility, named it "usb".
5. Followed steps D.3 on making it bootable, I checked to see if the boot.efi file was there by "showing hidden files" and navigating to the correct folder. Its there!
6. Copied the "EFI-X299-10.13.3-Release-iMacPro1,1-200218" folder to usb flash drive and renamed it EFI.

What am I doing wrong? Everything should work, or at least boot to clover or something. As of now it only goes into the bios screen. Maybe someone has a x299 deluxe .iso of the flash drive they made I could download and clone or see some screenshots or something? Please help! Thank you :)

UPDATE: I reset my bios settings back to "load optimized defaults" and I get a few blinking dashes where it looks like it wants to boot to clover, but then it goes right to bios again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back