Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can one of @ALL experts in Radeon RX580 or Vega graphics comment on that? I think we can straight forward reject 2x RX 560 2GB..

I personally would tend to 2x RX580 8BG, following your apparent requirements and specifications...

The i9-7900X is a MUST!

Thanks in advance!
Yes I know, because initially i only have 2 x 4k, and so i think i only need a good graphic card, and the i7-7820X it will be enough to my work.
But after, i have a good promotional price to a 32´4k, and i get it, so all the rest is not enough.

I gonna switch to the i9-7900x.

But my budget only covers one Vega or 2xRX580 8gb. Also because i only use the card to support the 4k monitors, and not to apllications or gaming.

So you think that 2xRX560 4gb, is not enough to the 3x 4k ?

And if is not enough what is better 2xRX580 8gb or 1 x Radeon RX Vega 64 8 Gb

If your want graphic card for "more professional usage" than gaming
Yes! - In my opinion Vega 64 will a best choice!
10% less OS X power than GTX1080Ti but -40% better price :p
and most important !: OS X Native support today and on the future! :D
I have only 2 monitors at this moment so I can't say more, but after few weeks we will have
official Mac Pro with Vega cards, so I'm sure you will be able to easily use your all 4k monitors :)

PS: Yeah :D it's not cheap but 7900X is a Must! :headbang:

I have only 2 monitors at this moment so I can't say more, but after few weeks we will have
official Mac Pro with Vega cards, so I'm sure you will be able to easily use your all 4k monitors :)

3x 4K with one Vega 64 8GB at which resolution and frequency?

PS: Yeah :D it's not cheap but 7900X is a Must! :headbang:

40% better price where ? RX Vega 64 ~700€ and 1080Ti 11 Gb ~ 800€ at Amazon.

I also prefer RX, but the problem is the VRAM, I think 8Gb would not be enough to support 3 x 4K.

I also prefer RX, but the problem is the VRAM, I think 8Gb would not be enough to support 3 x 4K.

Thats’s what I was referring to. Maybe one can drive 3x 4K with one 8GB card, but at which costs? What would be the max. achievable resolution and frequency due to the very likely limited vram?

Thats’s what I was referring to. Maybe one can drive 3x 4K with one 8GB card, but at which costs? What would be the max. achievable resolution and frequency due to the very likely limited vram?

Yes the 11Gb VRAM of 1080Ti is the best, is strange that AMD won´t have any VEGA with 16Gb.

Yes the 11Gb VRAM of 1080Ti is the best, is strange that AMD won´t have any VEGA with 16Gb.

Why, there is the Vega Frontier with 16GB!

I still would recommend 2x RX580 8GB, which certainly would be the less costive solution!

Most of Nvidia cards won’t properly work with 3 monitors... some do not even properly support 2 monitors without enabling CSM...

I tried Rember both with and without the sound card attached, both results came back positive with no errors. If I run audio through Chrome it seems to work a bit better, haven't tried any longer sessions though. Playing audio through iTunes initiates a crash after a short while also. Here's a video demonstrating the issue:

Which keyboard you use?
I use Novation Impulse 49, but I will need something bigger, so maybe you can propose something interested :)

@kgp and @Argozelo It's depend what you do
for gaming NO - it's not enough - but photoshop, audio creation, video editing, internet, etc etc etc YES,
you will not use 8Go of memory, but If you want play games, create 3D projects etc you need more .. :)

I bought my Vega 64 for 507€ was "discounted one month" and 1080Ti 850-950€ so for me it's a big difference :p

If you don't have enough $ for 2x Vega 64 ... KGP option-> 2x RX580 8GB will be the best choice at this moment :thumbup:

Why, there is the Vega Frontier with 16GB!

I still would recommend 2x RX580 8GB, which certainly would be the less costive solution!

Most of Nvidia cards won’t properly work with 3 monitors... some do not even properly support 2 monitors without enabling CSM...

Yes, but the Frontier is more than twice the price of Vega 64.

2x RX580 8GB would be the best solution, but also will require the cost of a i9-7900X.

Yes, but the Frontier is more than twice the price of Vega 64.

2x RX580 8GB would be the best solution, but also will require the cost of a i9-7900X.

Such is life... Nobody can drive 3x 4K with what you were aiming at.. (and you even aimed at 4x 4K Monitors with one 6GB graphics cards :crazy:) Sell one screen and stay with 2x 4K, and you will save a lot of money if you do not have it or do not want to invest it....

But please don't expect miracles, be realistic, try to stay with facts and study and follow the very basics ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back