Not open for further replies.
My bios is crazy :p

If I remember well you use the same bios version: 0802

btw: I was almost sure I had C6 checked in Clover CPU section
but 'no' it was little mistake, it should be old config :p

So I don't even ask How and where did you found SDT-XOSI.aml :p
but some things should not be always comprehensive for all... :D
so we can stay with version: Wow, it's cool, that you find a guilty :thumbup:

PS: First day of snow (this year) in my region, it's soooo weird after sooo long time :D

You do not need to check anything in the CPU section of clover..

SSDT-XOSI.aml is another topic... @TheOfficialGypsy knows what I refer to. And if you would have constantly read all posts you would know it too ;)

Things are indeed quite comprehensive. About the BIOS settings dump discrepancies I am in contact with the ASUS Support Hotline.

Sometimes you help @mgregrs, by even not knowing why :lol:

Snow? OmG, already :eek: this means winter is approaching...o_O Well now you find the perfect coolant for free :lol:

You do not need to check anything in the CPU section of clover..

SSDT-XOSI.aml is another topic... @TheOfficialGypsy knows what I refer to. And if you would have constantly read all posts you would know it too ;)

Things are indeed quite comprehensive. About the BIOS settings dump discrepancies I am in contact with the ASUS Support Hotline.

Sometimes you help @mgregrs, by even not knowing why :lol:

Snow? OmG, already :eek: this means winter is approaching...o_O Well now you find the perfect coolant for free :lol:

I remember something about that... but I was't so clear for me /and I didn't have time to try understand details...
and... I didn't speak/write in English few years (since I started learn French) :p so that thread was/is a BIG update form past... and "Yes" I didn't read whole few posts about your project.. :)
Btw in 1320, maybe 6 posts wasn't read in 100% :p

Even when I don't know why - I'm glad if I can help..
so sometimes you don't have explain something, tell me what you want to test and we can go.. :p :)

ASUS Support.. good idea... I think I have to send them my Motherboard with not working LiveDash
(little screen on the middle of our Motherboards)
- please don't ask if I try turn it on.. in bios/ windows etc, because that was done at the beginning :p
but I would like to know if your LIVEDASH work or not, that could help :D :thumbup:

** People with X299 Prime Deluxe ** do you have LiveDash working without problems????

hqdefault.jpg

PS: Winter is cool when you live in Germany or Poland :p
I always miss that great December/Jan time in Poland, with tones of snow :p

I remember something about that... but I was't so clear for me /and I didn't have time to try understand details...
and... I didn't speak/write in English few years (since I started learn French) :p so that thread was/is a BIG update form past... and "Yes" I didn't read whole few posts about your project.. :)
Btw in 1320, maybe 6 posts wasn't read in 100% :p

Even when I don't know why - I'm glad if I can help..
so sometimes you don't have explain something, tell me what you want to test and we can go.. :p :)

ASUS Support.. good idea... I think I have to send them my Motherboard with not working LiveDash
(little screen on the middle of our Motherboards)
- please don't ask if I try turn it on.. in bios/ windows etc, because that was done at the beginning :p
but I would like to know if your LIVEDASH work or not, that could help :D :thumbup:

** People with X299 Prime Deluxe ** do you have LiveDash working without problems????

View attachment 290943

PS: Winter is cool when you live in Germany or Poland :p
I always miss that great December/Jan time in Poland, with tones of snow :p

You just missed the 6 important posts it seems :lol::lol::lol:

Live dash always worked from the very beginning and is in fact extremely useful not only during boot but also during operation. Under Windows you can configure particularly, which information will be displayed during system operation. Once configured under Windows, the same information will as show up under OSX...

LiveDash.png

Any yes.. ;) LiveDash works flawless on the Prime X299 Deluxe.. ;):lol:

Stupid Question... Did you enable LiveDash in BIOS? :rolleyes:

P.S.: Still I miss the winters during my childhood in Austria. Nothing can compete with the Alps.. :lol::lol: You have them also in France, right? So just go there ;) I don't like particularly German winters.. no place to ski, skate, hike... just flat and boring :) Only German X-mas markets are really nice.. In any case, I would wish myself to be back to Tenerife and skip winter at all :lol::lol:

@kgp Thank you for your guide, i buy all the components to mount my system, but my graphic card is the Gigabyte GTX 1060 G1 Gaming 6Gb and the processor for now is the Intel i7-7820X.

So the system is working well, but with some glitches that i think are related to my monitor setup.

Now i have 2 x 27´4k + 1 x 24´FHD, an i´m expecting a 32´4k, to a final 4 setup monitor.

So the problem is that when the system sleeps for some hours, when i start using it after wake up i see that in the meanwhile the system was restarted.

I think the problem is related to the graphic card isn´t enough to the 3 monitor setup.

What you think ?

I can return my graphics to Amazon and replace it, but i want the most economic solution, because i only use te monitors to work, not gaming at all, so i only need the 4k support.

I think in a GTX 1080 TI 11G or 2 x RX580 GB, or maybe 2 x RX560 GB or some Vega card if it was enough.

What you think is the better solution to future and stability with osx updates ?

My processor have enough PCI lanes for two RX580 or two RX560 ?

Related to PCI slots, i´m only using one for the GTX 1060, and one to a OSX Wifi/Bluetooth Card.

@kgp Thank you for your guide, i buy all the components to mount my system, but my graphic card is the Gigabyte GTX 1060 G1 Gaming 6Gb and the processor for now is the Intel i7-7820X.

So the system is working well, but with some glitches that i think are related to my monitor setup.

Now i have 2 x 27´4k + 1 x 24´FHD, an i´m expecting a 32´4k, to a final 4 setup monitor.

So the problem is that when the system sleeps for some hours, when i start using it after wake up i see that in the meanwhile the system was restarted.

I think the problem is related to the graphic card isn´t enough to the 3 monitor setup.

What you think ?

I can return my graphics to Amazon and replace it, but i want the most economic solution, because i only use te monitors to work, not gaming at all, so i only need the 4k support.

I think in a GTX 1080 TI 11G or 2 x RX580 GB, or maybe 2 x RX560 GB or some Vega card if it was enough.

What you think is the better solution to future and stability with osx updates ?

My processor have enough PCI lanes for two RX580 or two RX560 ?

Related to PCI slots, i´m only using one for the GTX 1060, and one to a OSX Wifi/Bluetooth Card.

Sleep/wake is not totally settled yet. Still working on it. If your system sporadically wakes from forced sleep, enable auto-sleep! Thus when it wakes, it will immediately sleep again.

RX580 or Vegas might have better multi-monitor support... especially when you want to use 3 to 4 monitors :!:

Now, the answer on your question concerning the PCIe lanes you know yourself! ;)

I explicitly discourage from buying i5 or i7 Skylake-X CPUs! Of course, you did not listen at all...:crazy:

How can you purchase an i7-7820X with 28 PCIe lanes, by knowing that you might opt for 2 Vegas or Radeon RX580's with 16 PCIe lanes each? o_O

16+16=32!!

You also might use Bluetooth, Wifi, SATA, NVMe etc.. few additional lanes each...

Finally, with just a 6GB graphics card, you are driving 3x 4K and 1x FHD monitors!!!! Totally crazy in my opinion and just a lack of technical background... o_O

You are violating any principles and basics one could violate.. :thumbdown

What more can I say.... :rolleyes:

Good luck and all the best! :thumbup:

my graphic card is the Gigabyte GTX 1060 G1 Gaming 6Gb and the processor for now is the Intel i7-7820X.
Hi:

I have the 7820X with a different motherboard (the MSI SLI Plus). With this configuration, I had to set the core voltage in BIOS to 1.21V instead of auto, otherwise I got random reboots.

Another issue is the auto-wake function (sorry, forgot the correct name): go to the Power preference panel and make sure the "auto-wake for time machine" is off, so that when the system sleeps, it stays that way.

With these two items taken care, I now have a very stable system with the 7820X.

About the PCI lanes, I would not worry to much. You just don't get the top performance, because the bandwith is shared between the devices. For example, instead of having
GPU 16x
GPU 16x
NVME 4x
you might have
GPU 16x
GPU 8x
NVME 4x
But this means you saved some money. In my case, even paying £500 for the CPU was already a bit too much. I was actually considering going for the X99 platform with the 6850 (which has 40 lanes but only 6 cores). I decided for more cores and less lanes.

Compromises ;-)

Yes I know, because initially i only have 2 x 4k, and so i think i only need a good graphic card, and the i7-7820X it will be enough to my work.
But after, i have a good promotional price to a 32´4k, and i get it, so all the rest is not enough.

I gonna switch to the i9-7900x.

But my budget only covers one Vega or 2xRX580 8gb. Also because i only use the card to support the 4k monitors, and not to apllications or gaming.

So you think that 2xRX560 4gb, is not enough to the 3x 4k ?

And if is not enough what is better 2xRX580 8gb or 1 x Radeon RX Vega 64 8 Gb

Yes I know, because initially i only have 2 x 4k, and so i think i only need a good graphic card, and the i7-7820X it will be enough to my work.
But after, i have a good promotional price to a 32´4k, and i get it, so all the rest is not enough.

I gonna switch to the i9-7900x.

But my budget only covers one Vega or 2xRX580 8gb. Also because i only use the card to support the 4k monitors, and not to apllications or gaming.

So you think that 2xRX560 4gb, is not enough to the 3x 4k ?

And if is not enough what is better 2xRX580 8gb or 1 x Radeon RX Vega 64 8 Gb

Can one of @ALL experts in Radeon RX580 or Vega graphics comment on that? I think we can straight forward reject 2x RX 560 2GB..

I personally would tend to 2x RX580 8BG, following your apparent requirements and specifications...

The i9-7900X is a MUST!

Thanks in advance!

Can one of @ALL experts in Radeon RX580 or Vega graphics comment on that? I think we can straight forward reject 2x RX 560 2GB..

I personally would tend to 2x RX580 8BG, following your apparent requirements and specifications...

The i9-7900X is a MUST!

Thanks in advance!

Ok,

But it was the 2x RX 560 with 4GB each one, Not the RX 560 2 Gb.

You can try with Import Mailboxes from File Menu in Mail.
Otherwise...if your all emails are in an old bootable system disk...I would try Migration Assistant.
Create a new user account where will be all your email (in new V5 format)..then copy to your actual user....fixing permissions!
@ImaPirate
Not very efficient, but you could create a temporally email account with enough capacity and upload your Mails using IMAP and than downloading them on the other side. Or if your are familiar with Linux, Raspberry Pi etc, just set up your own mail server and use again IMAP as an transfer agent.

(Thats how I transferred my Emails from the old Outlook times)

How would that work with 4 or 5 email accounts? Wouldn't importing all those accounts into a temp email account and then exporting them separately again screw things up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back