Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will change to the Corsair AX1500i to be at the save side :thumbup:... Or do you have recommendations for a better power supply?

View attachment 290885
You can use that PSU if you have it on hand. I've always used Jonny Guru's website for the best PSU reviews:

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=410

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=378

As you can tell with the review of the one I purchased and the one you're interested in (or already own), he's very thorough and he gave the one you like (or own) a perfect "10", that one's a great choice. Hope you like the PSU reviews. By the way, this is for anyone wanting to check if your PSU up to snuff, just check his site. Hope this helps! :cool:

How would that work with 4 or 5 email accounts?
IMAP has the ability of making folders. So each Email account, one folder / sub folders etc.

Than you reimport that structure.

You can use that PSU if you have it on hand. I've always used Jonny Guru's website for the best PSU reviews:

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=410

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=378

As you can tell with the review of the one I purchased and the one you're interested in (or already own), he's very thorough and he gave the one you like (or own) a perfect "10", that one's a great choice. Hope you like the PSU reviews. By the way, this is for anyone wanting to check if your PSU up to snuff, just check his site. Hope this helps! :cool:

Thanks, man! Much appreciated! :thumbup:

Already purchased the AX1500i few hours ago. Arriving tomorrow morning. Glad that I did a good choice! Opted for the AX1500i, as all sleeved cables in white are fully compatible between the AX860i and AX1500i. Just Plug & Play :thumbup:

Thanks, man! Much appreciated! :thumbup:

Already purchased the AX1500i few hours ago. Arriving tomorrow morning. Glad that I did a good choice! Opted for the AX1500i, as all sleeved cables in white are fully compatible between the AX860i and AX1500i. Just Plug & Play :thumbup:
Well I hope that fixes any possible issues you might have if it’s freezing up on you using “sink all cores.“ i’ve always believed that your PSU is the heart of your system.

IMAP has the ability of making folders. So each Email account, one folder / sub folders etc.

Than you reimport that structure.
So if I were to start a Gmail account could I do it that way and import them in that new Gmail account and then export them into my Mac operating system? If I am incorrect on stating this please let me know and then let me know what type of email service I should be used. Thank you

Is here anyone with Gigabyte X299 UD4 mobo, CPU working at full power and all of this rock stable? I would like to see BIOS settings and EFI folder.

So if I were to start a Gmail account could I do it that way and import them in that new Gmail account and then export them into my Mac operating system? If I am incorrect on stating this please let me know and then let me know what type of email service I should be used. Thank you

Yes, you can do it that way. I think Gmail gives you 15 GB for free. If you'd need more, there is a 100GB option for 3$. Your old email client should support IMAP. Everything else is pretty straight forward. Add the account to your old Email program and create as many IMAP folders as you need in your Gmail section. Select the emails you'd like to copy and I think with a right click you can say "Copy to folder". Than give it some time. You can check online at gmail while you are uploading if everything goes well.

Hi:

I have the 7820X with a different motherboard (the MSI SLI Plus). With this configuration, I had to set the core voltage in BIOS to 1.21V instead of auto, otherwise I got random reboots.

Another issue is the auto-wake function (sorry, forgot the correct name): go to the Power preference panel and make sure the "auto-wake for time machine" is off, so that when the system sleeps, it stays that way.

With these two items taken care, I now have a very stable system with the 7820X.

About the PCI lanes, I would not worry to much. You just don't get the top performance, because the bandwith is shared between the devices. For example, instead of having
GPU 16x
GPU 16x
NVME 4x
you might have
GPU 16x
GPU 8x
NVME 4x
But this means you saved some money. In my case, even paying £500 for the CPU was already a bit too much. I was actually considering going for the X99 platform with the 6850 (which has 40 lanes but only 6 cores). I decided for more cores and less lanes.

Compromises ;-)

I suppose you refer to "Power Nap"?

Can you check your system using Rember?

1. Run: Soundcard attached (without playing sound)
2. Run: Soundcard detached

I tried Rember both with and without the sound card attached, both results came back positive with no errors. If I run audio through Chrome it seems to work a bit better, haven't tried any longer sessions though. Playing audio through iTunes initiates a crash after a short while also. Here's a video demonstrating the issue:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back