Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
pippoaacc said:
Hi All, before upgrading to x299 I was on a X58 build on ElCap, and I was succesdully running a HighPoint RocketRaid 640L OOB (no kexts or drivers required). On x299, I am now on High Sierra, the card is working great on windows, on 10.13, however I keep having it as "Driver Installed:no", with PCI-ID descriptors corresponding directly to the Marvell 9230 controller onboard. I tried several kexts including the AHCI-3rdParty-SATA which has those IDs, but it doesn't seem to load. Any suggestions?
If you want help you will want to update your motherboard, cpu, graphics information on your profile. Also it is helpful to include the following:
After doing this someone will be able to help you better.

Here you go. No relevant BIOS settings, being just a sata pci controller.

Attachments

• R640L.zip
    20.7 MB · Views: 69

Please provide your Skylake-X/X299 system specs (mobo, cpu, gpu) in either your profile or signature.

Thanks in advance,

KGP

I don't know the HighPoint RocketRaid 640L and I don't know if it is at all supported under 10.13 or 10.14. Anybody else can give some advice?

General comments to the incomplete system information your provided so far:

You use Lilu.kext but no Lilu-plugin. What for? You should use at least AppleALC.kext to properly implement and load your onboard HDEF audio driver. Also Whatevergreen.kext should be added. I would remove SATA-unsupported.kext, if you do not know about it's detailed function.

When using ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi, apfs.efi should be removed.

You did not enable any of the ACPI replacements in the config.plist. At least enable PC00 -> PCI0, _OSI -> XOSI, EC0_ -> EC__, H_EC -> EC__, HEC1 -> IMEI, IDER->MEID, LPC0 -> LPCB, FPU_ -> MATH, TMR_ -> TIMR, PIC_ -> IPIC, SMBS._ADR -> XSBU.XADR, _DSM -> XDSM.

The nvda_drv=1 boot flag is obsolete and meaningless.

You have checked KernelPM and also enabled the _xcpm_core_scope kernel patch. You are not using the actual BIOS version for your mainboard? There should be an option to manually disable the MSR lock. Subsequently you can uncheck KernelPM and disable the _xcpm_core_scope kernel patch.

Do you really need the AppleEthernetAquantiaAqtion kext patch?

Now back to your originating request.

All System SSDTs are yet missing under /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched.

That's also the reason why section "PCI" of Apple's system report is totally upside down in your case.

Please carefully adopt and implement all System SSDTs and also add a system SSDT for your HighPoint RocketRaid 640L PCIe adapter.

I expect that by doing the latter, all PCI drivers including the AHCI Controller driver for your HighPoint RocketRaid 640L PCIe adapter will be properly loaded.

Hope that helps..

Good luck and enjoy,

KGP

Last edited:
If you want help you will want to update your motherboard, cpu, graphics information on your profile. Also it is helpful to include the following:

After doing this someone will be able to help you better.

Thanks for your helpful advise. However, unfortunately I also have to ask you to add your system specs (mobo, cpu, gpu) to either your profile or signature, in concordance with the board rules.

Thanks for your helpful advise. However, unfortunately I also have to ask you to add your system specs (mobo, cpu, gpu) to either your profile or signature, in concordance with the board rules.

Sorry KGP , I don’t have a Hackintosh...yet. I have been reading up and learning for awhile now. I am starting to buy parts here and there, but only peripheral stuff. I will update as soon as I finalize and start building. Hopefully after all my studying, I won’t need to bother you, and be able to help others more.

Reactions: kgp
Hey guys,

My sleep / wake works almost 100%, when I go to sleep the system stays hibernate until I press a button or click the mouse, but I noticed internet speed pretty sluggish. WiFi connection stays connected and it shows a data rate of 500+ Mb/s which is normal for my WiFi average speed (I check using alt+click on WiFi menu bar next to the macos watch) but if I make a speed test actual internet speed is extremely slow.

My 2 x 4K monitor sometimes don’t work as they should too, I use latest VegaGraphicsFixup

I got a Vega 64 and the Broadcom WiFi Bluetooth chip on a PCIe adapter. I use .aml SSDTs for both.

Thanks in advance!

Total revision of my former XHC USB Kext Creation Guideline

Note that I just finished a major revision of my XHC USB Kext Creation Guideline in the spirit of the 10.14.1 com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI USB port limit kernel patch flaw.

Enjoy and have fun,

kgp.png

Thanks man.

Try
Code:
DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 1, "KGP", "X299ARPT", 0x00000000)
{
    External (_SB_.PCI0.RP19, DeviceObj)    // (from opcode)
    External (_SB_.PCI0.RP19.PXSX, DeviceObj)    // (from opcode)
    External (DTGP, MethodObj)    // 5 Arguments (from opcode)
    External (PXSX, DeviceObj)    // (from opcode)

Scope (_SB.PCI0.RP19)
    {
        Scope (PXSX)
        {
            Name (_STA, Zero)  // _STA: Status
        }

Device (ARPT)
        {
            Name (_ADR, Zero)  // _ADR: Address
            Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
            {
                Store (Package (0x0E)
                    {
                        "built-in",
                        Buffer (One)
                        {
                             0x00                                          
                        },

"device-id",
                        Buffer (0x04)
                        {
                             0xA0, 0x43, 0x00, 0x00                        
                        },

"AAPL,slot-name",
                        Buffer (0x07)
                        {
                            "Slot-5"
                        },

"device_type",
                        Buffer (0x13)
                        {
                            "AirPort Controller"
                        },

"model",
                        Buffer (0x4E)
                        {
                            "Wifi Airport Broadcom BCM94360CD 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac + Bluetooth 4.0 Controller"
                        },

"compatible",
                        Buffer (0x0D)
                        {
                            "pci14e4,43a0"
                        },

"name",
                        Buffer (0x10)
                        {
                            "AirPort Extreme"
                        }
                    }, Local0)
                DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                Return (Local0)
            }
        }
    }
}

@macandrea
Do you have a createInstaller.sh for MacOS 10.13.3 (17D2047) ?

The verbose mode tells me that "this version of mac os is not for this hardware" .....
Thanks for any help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back