Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@kgp I just woke the system from sleep and had the same bluetooth issue. Everything is fine but the trackpad won't move. I connected it with a cable, went to the bluetooth menu in system prefs, disconnected the cable and it still shows Bluetooth: Off but shows the trackpad as connected. Clicking Turn On doesn't do anything and neither does turnign the trackpad off/on. See screen shot. This happens intermittently and randomly. Strange!

Which BT/WIFI adopter are you using? Check if it's USB cable is properly connected and not plugged the other way round. I would exclude any issue in the system configuration. It rather seems hardware related. Not able to provide any further help, sorry.

USB port limit patch approach continues working for 10.13.6 SU and old 10.13.6 port limit patch is still valid.

Which BT/WIFI adopter are you using? Check if it's USB cable is properly connected and not plugged the other way round. I would exclude any issue in the system configuration. It rather seems hardware related. Not able to provide any further help, sorry.
It's the BCM94360CD as recommended in the guide.
I will look into it.

Thank you.

Went to 17G3025 no problems. (Update was about 1.8GB)

There was an initial scare of being stuck in after the login window with a black screen with the mouse pointer showing up only, but waited and it was fine. It was the first time this has happened after an update.

Everything works fine, updated AppleALC/Lilu/WhateverGreen/Clover to the latest and all is well.

It FEELS a little faster and they may have fixed a few graphical bugs in the UI, so this is definitely not just a security update.

Using XHC USB Kext and not port limit patch. USB works.

Can someone please help me with adapting my ARPT.aml file? I moved the Broadcom card to Slot 5 due to the space occupying Sapphire card. Screenshot from ioreg below. Mobo is Asus x299 Prime Deluxe. Wifi works, but I'd like too have the entry.....
Thanks

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-31 at 17.20.19.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-31 at 17.20.19.png
    24.3 KB · Views: 78
  • SSDT-X299-ARPT.aml
    439 bytes · Views: 72
Hi All, before upgrading to x299 I was on a X58 build on ElCap, and I was succesdully running a HighPoint RocketRaid 640L OOB (no kexts or drivers required). On x299, I am now on High Sierra, the card is working great on windows, on 10.13, however I keep having it as "Driver Installed:no", with PCI-ID descriptors corresponding directly to the Marvell 9230 controller onboard. I tried several kexts including the AHCI-3rdParty-SATA which has those IDs, but it doesn't seem to load. Any suggestions?

Hi All, before upgrading to x299 I was on a X58 build on ElCap, and I was succesdully running a HighPoint RocketRaid 640L OOB (no kexts or drivers required). On x299, I am now on High Sierra, the card is working great on windows, on 10.13, however I keep having it as "Driver Installed:no", with PCI-ID descriptors corresponding directly to the Marvell 9230 controller onboard. I tried several kexts including the AHCI-3rdParty-SATA which has those IDs, but it doesn't seem to load. Any suggestions?

If you want help you will want to update your motherboard, cpu, graphics information on your profile. Also it is helpful to include the following:

If this is what you are saying you know that you can only receive my help after uploading Screenshots of your BIOS settings, EFI-Folder, IOREG.save, DSDT.aml, and a "PCI" snapshot of Apple's system report.

I repeatedly stated along my threads that I am not a visionary and that I can only help if people also provide the mandatory information.

After doing this someone will be able to help you better.

Can someone please help me with adapting my ARPT.aml file? I moved the Broadcom card to Slot 5 due to the space occupying Sapphire card. Screenshot from ioreg below. Mobo is Asus x299 Prime Deluxe. Wifi works, but I'd like too have the entry.....
Thanks

Try
Code:
DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 1, "KGP", "X299ARPT", 0x00000000)
{
    External (_SB_.PCI0.RP19, DeviceObj)    // (from opcode)
    External (_SB_.PCI0.RP19.PXSX, DeviceObj)    // (from opcode)
    External (DTGP, MethodObj)    // 5 Arguments (from opcode)
    External (PXSX, DeviceObj)    // (from opcode)

Scope (_SB.PCI0.RP19)
    {
        Scope (PXSX)
        {
            Name (_STA, Zero)  // _STA: Status
        }

Device (ARPT)
        {
            Name (_ADR, Zero)  // _ADR: Address
            Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
            {
                Store (Package (0x0E)
                    {
                        "built-in",
                        Buffer (One)
                        {
                             0x00                                           
                        },

"device-id",
                        Buffer (0x04)
                        {
                             0xA0, 0x43, 0x00, 0x00                         
                        },

"AAPL,slot-name",
                        Buffer (0x07)
                        {
                            "Slot-5"
                        },

"device_type",
                        Buffer (0x13)
                        {
                            "AirPort Controller"
                        },

"model",
                        Buffer (0x4E)
                        {
                            "Wifi Airport Broadcom BCM94360CD 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac + Bluetooth 4.0 Controller"
                        },

"compatible",
                        Buffer (0x0D)
                        {
                            "pci14e4,43a0"
                        },

"name",
                        Buffer (0x10)
                        {
                            "AirPort Extreme"
                        }
                    }, Local0)
                DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                Return (Local0)
            }
        }
    }
}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back