Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please upload also your EFI-Folder. And just in case, please upload also an IOREG.save of your system.

You must have somewhere a PXSX to ANS2 replacement in the config.plist or some SSDT, which must be removed.

I am willing to help.

Note that unless you gain the following TB ACPI implementation (outlined in red),

View attachment 353834

the TB SSD is not implemented at all during boot. Not necessary to mention that it makes of course no sense to perform any testing of an incomplete and faulty TB implementation.

@kgp Thank you that was enough information for me to figure it out myself! Working now!

The problem was the ANS2 Definition in the SSDT-X299-ANS.aml. I just removed it and then removed the ANS2 in the SSDT-X299-TB3HP-TTR.aml

Curious I plugged in my Pixel XL via USB C but only the port on the left hand side works, and shows up under XHCI / HS10 its probably about time I create a custom USB kext

Thanks again @kgp appreciate your guidance and expertise!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-29 at 9.58.06 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-29 at 9.58.06 AM.png
    148 KB · Views: 78
  • Screen Shot 2018-09-29 at 9.56.00 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-29 at 9.56.00 AM.png
    145 KB · Views: 86
  • Screen Shot 2018-09-29 at 9.55.45 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-29 at 9.55.45 AM.png
    143.9 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Reactions: kgp
@kgp Thank you that was enough information for me to figure it out myself! Working now!

The problem was the ANS2 Definition in the SSDT-X299-ANS.aml. I just removed it and then removed the ANS2 in the SSDT-X299-TB3HP-TTR.aml

Curious I plugged in my Pixel XL via USB C but only the port on the left hand side works, and shows up under XHCI / HS10 its probably about time I create a custom USB kext

Thanks again @kgp appreciate your guidance and expertise!

You are welcome, man! Great that it worked out for you finally.. :thumbup:

But really?.. when connecting a USB-C to the GC-Titan Ridge, the USB-C shows up under XHCI? That's weird.. it should show up under HS00 or HS01 of DBS2/XHC5 in fact. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
message delete.

Last edited:
Strange.. else I have also

Smart Energy saving "OFF"
Automatic Standby "OFF"

and I did recently some firmware update.

Yeah that’s weird. Do you use sleep or do you just turn off the monitor?

Yeah that’s weird. Do you use sleep or do you just turn off the monitor?

Honestly, I did not even realise that I have this blinking LED as well, as it never bothered me at all.

Anyway.. does it vanish with time if you enable auto sleep in the display settings?

Question: do you have the same issues with cable-wired mouse and keyboard?

Yes I do, I’m thinking about spending the money to upgrade to a Vega 56. At least then I’ll have a decent card moving forward. Any special things I should know about that card?

Yes I do, I’m thinking about spending the money to upgrade to a Vega 56. At least then I’ll have a decent card moving forward. Any special things I should know about that card?

I did not gather any experience with a Vega 56 either, but I expect it to work. Just note that in this case you likely will have to modify and adopt my respective SSDT, which so far has been verified only for Vega 64 and Vega Frontier.

Seems that the majority of followers here are basic users who just comfortably apply and leave the experimental and development work to others, as they probably have "better things to do" at each moment. Something which likely does not immediately work OoB on their systems because of unknown reason is dropped immediately and followed by scaring complains,

If that's referring to people who mentioned issues getting the Titan Ridge to work, it's a bit unfair.

I've now asked Amazon for a replacement of the Titan, I'm fairly certain it's my card that's faulty. With the card just inserted in a PCIe slot, the PC POST only 1/3rd of the time. And Windows either doesn't boot, doesn't see the card or hangs within minutes.

Will get a new one on Thursday.

Price of Vega 64 has dropped significantly over the past few months. While I have no doubt it will work great, you would be doing yourself a favour by getting the Vega 64, all the DSDT are provided and can be used as-is. The 56 will likely require to fiddle with things. How much do you value your time?

Edit: $524 for a Vega 64, $424 for a Vega 56, $620 for a Frontier Edition. I paid twice that just a few months ago :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Running under Windows, with the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility, I noticed during even what seems moderate usage , that the "Current Limit Throttling" shows as "Yes"...
Googling over the issue this appears to happen to people even with very light OC (which is my case). However no one has ever mentioned on how to resolve the issue.

Does anyone knows what I would need changing for this not to occur? I can only imagine that it leads to less than perfect performance.
In the BIOS I see an entry for changing the current value, right now I have it set to Auto, but I have no ideas what I could put in there, what would be a reasonable value or how you determine what that value could be

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back