Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes of course I know that in your build it works flawless and I will wait for other perfect achievement on others builds. ;)

I guess you will have to wait for quite some time though... ;)

Seems that the majority of followers here are basic users who just comfortably apply and leave the experimental and development work to others, as they probably have "better things to do" at each moment. Something which likely does not immediately work OoB on their systems because of unknown reason is dropped immediately and followed by scaring complains, which just discourage others in contributing to a new although also sometimes challenging endeavour. I fully agree that it is necessary to report and discuss apparent issues, which is vital for any progress. However, what I honestly dislike are unnecessary, discouraging and counterproductive advises, statements and conclusions instead of peacefully leaving the work to those who are willing to experiment and work for implementing improvements of any kind at any moment.

I really miss many times any spirit of collaboration here and rather feel like a servant. Something that is starting already to severely affect my motivation.

Anyway, a nice weekend to all of you,

KGP

Last edited:
@kgp have you figured out a way to disable the LG monitors standby light at the bottom of the display? Only way is to completely turn it off.

@kgp have you figured out a way to disable the LG monitors standby light at the bottom of the display? Only way is to completely turn it off.

Yea... I turned it off in the monitors settings.. guess there is no other way, right?

Seems that the majority of followers here are basic users who just conformably apply and leave the development work to others, as they probably have "better things to do". Something which likely does not immediately work OoB on their systems because of unknown reason is dropped immediately followed by scaring complains.

I really miss many times any spirit of collaboration here and rather feel like a servant. Something that is starting to severely affect my motivation.

KGP

Of course I will have to wait for quite some time though.

My build is for me somehow a build of long-standing development : I started with basic components and I complete little by little.

I understand and know all the time you spend.

We must be patient for the achievements in our builds ;)

Have a nice weekend to you too.

Reactions: kgp
Yea... I turned it off in the monitors settings.. guess there is no other way, right?

It’s the flashing standby light that we can’t turn off :(

It happens when the gpu send a standby signal and monitor goes to sleep.

The only way to make it stop blinking is if you turn off the monitor physically.

It’s the flashing standby light that we can’t turn off :(

It happens when the gpu send a standby signal and monitor goes to sleep.

The only way to make it stop blinking is if you turn off the monitor physically.

-> General Settings -> Power LED -> Off does not work for you?

Seems that the majority of followers here are basic users who just comfortably apply and leave the experimental and development work to others, as they probably have "better things to do" at each moment. Something which likely does not immediately work OoB on their systems because of unknown reason is dropped immediately and followed by scaring complains, which just discourage others in contributing to a new although also sometimes challenging endeavour. I fully agree that it is necessary to report and discuss apparent issues, which is vital for any progress. However, what I honestly dislike are unnecessary, discouraging and counterproductive advises, statements and conclusions instead of peacefully leaving the work to those who are willing to experiment and work for implementing improvements of any kind at any moment.

I really miss many times any spirit of collaboration here and rather feel like a servant. Something that is starting already to severely affect my motivation.

KGP

Hi @kgp

Following this thread now for quite some time (yes I have read all of it starting from the very first post :geek:) I only can say you and the other contributors rock.:clap:
Unfortunately this is at the same time my problem in supporting you and the others:
You guys are simply to fast o_O
Each time when I figure out some thing, you have already done it and implemented it in your guide :banghead:
Ok Ok admitted: It is not fair to complain about you being faster than a noob like me ;)
( I guess you can find the 4 compliments I tried to hide above :lol: )

Right now it seems I am the only one running the ASROCK mATX x299m extreme 4, but if some body needs help with that one please let me know. Except thunderbolt (no free accessible PCIe Slot) I got everything working based on your guide with some minor adaptation on SSDTs.
Thunderbolt based on the Titan Ridge is the next step, but first I need a water block for the Vega card as that beast is block is blocking my last available PCIe Slot.

All the Best
Frank

FIrst, the computer launches and I can login and go to my desktop. The issue is when I try to open up lets say finder it acts like it can't open and doesn't refresh the screen. When I type on the keyboard lets say I hit the "r" it will type "rrr" sometimes which can be related to the graphics card. So this is what I mean by not working its as if the graphics card isn't doing anything.

We are planning on putting a GTX 1080 ti in this machine however you have to have the money to do it and right now we don't but we are using a spare RX 560 so we can get it up and running.

We are going to be using it for sound engineering so no video processing at all just running DAW. Which shouldn't require a high end GPU.

I did attach my config file and I use whatever green and Lilu. Any suggestions here.

Question: do you have the same issues with cable-wired mouse and keyboard?

It’s off there and still get the light when it goes to sleep.

Strange.. else I have also

Smart Energy saving "OFF"
Automatic Standby "OFF"

and I did recently some firmware update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back