Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to me that you're confused on what TSCAdjustReset does.
https://github.com/interferenc/TSCAdjustReset

It gives a sync message when there's something to resync. It's what this kext is supposed to do! They aren't error messages.

If putting 0 in the info.plist removes the message it's because there's now nothing to sync anymore.
:banghead:......after reading your "precious" suggest!!!

Dear @kgp, first of all - thanks for this great guide! This is THE only complete guide for X299 platform. Your work is MUCH appreciated.

I installed 10.13.6 without many problems to this config:
  • Asus WS X299 SAGE 10G
  • i9-7960X + Noctua NH-D15S
  • 64GB Crucial RAM
  • 2x Gigabyte 1080 TI Turbo
  • 2x Samsung NVMe (256gb for OS, 1TB for cache)
  • EVGA SuperNova 1200w
  • Fractal Design XL R2
  • Blackmagic Design Declink 4K Extreme 12G
It looked a bit scary at start, but when you actually start working on it, it goes ok :)

Minor problems:
- UnSolid kext didn't work for me unfortunately. I had to use different method described here. With UnSolid, my NVMe still looked like SSD to OS.
- "Sync all cores" didn't work for me - I got kernel panics when under load, probably I woud need better cooling as you said.

There are a few things that I wanted to ask generally:
- USB is working without any special kext you mentioned, just with patches you provided in Clover Info.plist. Am I doing something wrong here - do I have to make custom kext? I have to make more extensive tests tomorrow, but for now everything works fine.
- Didn't test SATA (all my storage is external / NAS for now)
- I implemented all motherboard model-independent DSDT patches you suggested and specific ones for my CPU.

And some bigger questions:
1. I have onboard Intel X550-AT2 10gbe (2 ports) - I made it work using FakePCIID, FakePCIID_Intel_GbX and SmallTreeIntel8259x.kext... But only when installing in particular order and sometimes it breaks when rebuilding kext cache so I have to delete all 3 of them, reinstall and then it works again. Any idea why it happens or better way to implement it? I used this thread as a rough guide, especially this post. Solving this seems like only important thing now because it makes computer somewhat fragile. I described this in more detail here.

2. how crucial is section E.9.2) System SSDT PCI Device Implementation? @djlild7hina, you mentioned that I will probably need help with this part, but I don't really know how to start and what will I gain. Only PCIe cards I have are:
SLOT 1 - 1080 TI
SLOT 5 - 1080 TI
SLOT 6 - Blackmagicdesign Declink 4k Extreme 12G
... All three working as expected.
Are there any guides for this, but written for idiots like myself?

3. Sleep doesn't work. It need 10 seconds to go to sleep and then it wakes instantly. But this is not big issue for me, probably just a signal that I still need to fix some things.

Thank you all in advance!

1.) When using sync all cores you have to apply avx and avx-512 offsets as otherwise you will face KPs!

2.) If you are happy with your default USB2.0 and USB3.0 implementation, leave it as implemented by OSX. Else write your board specific XHC USB kext

3.) I have no experience with your onboard 10GB LAN controllers and therefore I won‘t be of any help in this issue.

4.) Some of the SSDT are rather cosmetic, others are functional and required not only with respect to sleep/wake, HDEF, GFX0, HDAU or TB hotplug functionality.

A simple particular example for creating or adopting SSDTs is linked within the guide.

Good luck my friend,

KGP

Thanks! I will try to work on SSDTs now and debug sleep as suggested in the guide. I missed it somehow earlier, because I started with Mojave guide and ended up on High Sierra :)

If anyone has any idea to fix onboard 10gbe, that would be great!

got it man, you helped me a lot. you and mr. god himself aka KGP :)
do you have by chance an adopted xhci kext for x299 tuf mark 1?
I'm having "AppleUSBXHCI::interruptOccurred: clearing change bits on unused port..." on boot
and would like to get rid of it

Yes , I have , I'll pass you when I get to the pc my config

Ok I'm having a new problem and I just can't figure it out. My systems have been working for the past 3 month without much issues, but yesterday one of my systems randomly locked up (as they do every so often) and after I turned it off and back on it would not boot or even post until I reset the cmos. After that it would boot, but get extremely slow as it was booting and sometimes it would get stuck on "waiting for DSMOS" other times it would eventually boot into the os, but it was so laggy I couldn't even type in my password. The keyboard will randomly type 2-4 of the character that you pressed. Once I actually got my password typed in and started to load the rest of the os it will freeze.

It's exactly what this guy was experiencing, but he never said what the resolution was.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...d-extended-guide.229353/page-759#post-1746550

Do any of you guy have any ideas? I've tried reflashing my bios multiple times and completely resetting every value each time I did it. I must be missing something in the bios, but I can't figure out what it might be.

got it man, you helped me a lot. you and mr. god himself aka KGP :)
do you have by chance an adopted xhci kext for x299 tuf mark 1?
I'm having "AppleUSBXHCI::interruptOccurred: clearing change bits on unused port..." on boot
and would like to get rid of it

here you have

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    201.2 KB · Views: 115
  • TUFM1-iMacPro-XHCI.kext.zip
    2.9 KB · Views: 78
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back