Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the valuable information!!
Would that Final Cut Pro X version have an effect on Da Vinci H264 / H265 Export too?
In SMBIOS iMacPro1,1 the Pc is also unable to export those formats using Da Vinci 15.

On a side note using now SMBIOS MacPro5,1 the PC is as impeccable as with SMBIOS iMacPro1,1.

I do not use da vinci, but I think the best smbios for these cpus is imacpro1,1

o_Oo_O Jesus !!! o_Oo_O

After implementing and running my new Corsair Dominator Platinum 128GB (8x16GB) DDR4 3200 MHz C16 Kit @3600MHz OC, suddenly this with my i9-7980XE @4.7 GHz (Sync All Cores) under 10.14 PB10 Mojave.. :crazy:

View attachment 351676

Ohh my goodness.. !! 72410 !! :lol::lol::lol:... That's simply awesome :headbang::headbang::headbang:

Or is it just the update to Geekbench 4.3.0?

View attachment 351680

Very nice GB score @kgp !

I was wondering the same thing, as I updated to GB 4.3.0 at the same time I ran my Mojave benchmarks. Here is my latest, which is up about 10% in the multi-core score but only about 1% up in the single-core score.

GB-CPU-SAC47122 2018-09-15 at 12.00.47 PM.png

Personally, I'm skeptical one would see such an increase simply from a RAM upgrade. My guess is it's partly Mojave and partly GB 4.3.0.

@kgp here's a way to hide the macOS HUD displays.

Since you're using the native display controller for volume and display brightness (via MonitorControl), the volume OSD on the monitor sits on top of the macOS HUD when you change the volume via keyboard. To me it looks very messy.

This Terminal line disables the Volume HUD in macOS only leaving the volume HUD on the display active. Unfortunately it also disables the brightness HUD in macOS but it's no big deal.

Anyway, thought this might help you out as it was really annoying for me and now it's all clean with no HUD overlaps.

To turn off bezels indefinitely for this user:
Code:
launchctl unload -wF /System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.OSDUIHelper.plist

To turn on bezels indefinitely for this user:
Code:
launchctl load -wF /System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.OSDUIHelper.plist

o_Oo_O Jesus !!! o_Oo_O

After implementing and running my new Corsair Dominator Platinum 128GB (8x16GB) DDR4 3200 MHz C16 Kit @3600MHz OC, suddenly this with my i9-7980XE @4.7 GHz (Sync All Cores) under 10.14 PB10 Mojave.. :crazy:

View attachment 351676

Ohh my goodness.. !! 72410 !! :lol::lol::lol:... That's simply awesome :headbang::headbang::headbang:

Or is it just the update to Geekbench 4.3.0?

View attachment 351680

Ok that is an insane score.

Intel is coming out with a X299 22core CPU in the next month or two, you might reach 90,000+ score. This may be the last CPU upgrade for the X299 platform since Intel is moving to a bigger socket for 28+ Cores to compete with AMD.

Ok that is an insane score.

Intel is coming out with a X299 22core CPU in the next month or two, you might reach 90,000+ score. This may be the last CPU upgrade for the X299 platform since Intel is moving to a bigger socket for 28+ Cores to compete with AMD.

Which means that the 28 core Skylake-X will require a X599 platform with hexa channel memory support and a LGA 3647 socket?

Any system specs for the new MacPro to be released in 2019? :ugeek::twisted:

Last edited:
Which means that the 28 core Skylake-X will require a X599 platform with hexa channel memory support and a LGA 3647 socket?

Any system specs for the new MacPro to be released in 2019? :ugeek::twisted:

Yup, Intel is cannibalizing their Xeon processors to fight off AMD.

They started to use solder again instead of TIM in the upcoming i9-9900k...so I wouldn't be surprised if the 28core Ice Lake-X (?) or Coffee Lake-X (?) with a newer X599 socket has solder and it will hit crazy peaks...and eat up a lot of energy.

They really need to move to 10nm or they will stay behind. But that's not goin to happen until late 2019.

Mac Pro 2019 will definitely use Xeon like the iMac Pro does, so it will 100% have 28 core (or more??) Xeon in there but it will probably cost $20,000 :lol:

Yup, Intel is cannibalizing their Xeon processors to fight off AMD.

They started to use solder again instead of TIM in the upcoming i9-9900k...so I wouldn't be surprised if the 28core Skylake-X with a newer X599 socket has solder and it will hit crazy peaks...and eat up a lot of energy.

They really need to move to 10nm or they will stay behind. But that's not goin to happen until late 2019.

Mac Pro 2019 will definitely use Xeon like the iMac Pro does, so it will 100% have 28 core (or more??) Xeon in there but it will probably cost $20,000 :lol:

Well let‘s see if the new MacPro 2019 system specs will be compatible with X599 and LGA 3647..

If so.. we have some nice work ahead and can start a new thrilling endevour.. :lol:;):headbang:

And like always our new MacPro build would yield double power for half of the actual Apple pricing.. :mrgreen:

A new HackPro 2019 build and guide development would definitly mean the end of my X99 support. And R.I.P. means R.I.P, my X99 friends.. :lol:

Last edited:
in my case (980ti evga) it is this way: DE100B0E - DE10B00F - DP/HDMI patch.
thanks, man I have Asus GTX 980ti and your values working perfectly, you're a lifesaver.

do I still need lilu and whatevergreen?

thanks, man I have Asus GTX 980ti and your values working perfectly, you're a lifesaver.

do I still need lilu and whatevergreen?

Yes I use lilu and whatevergreen.:thumbup:

Can you bring back the bios patch step by step instructions? It took me a long time to find them. Sadly, Asus only updated the 1503 bios for the Deluxe Board, I still had to apply to patch for the Prime X299-A. Also Awesome Work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back