Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the valuable information!!
Would that Final Cut Pro X version have an effect on Da Vinci H264 / H265 Export too?
In SMBIOS iMacPro1,1 the Pc is also unable to export those formats using Da Vinci 15.

On a side note using now SMBIOS MacPro5,1 the PC is as impeccable as with SMBIOS iMacPro1,1.

Once more, please stop your current SMBIOS discussion, which is actually only due to your RX 580 implementation. Out of topic and already previously, extensively discussed in the past along this thread (see and read respective posts).. btw.. SMBIOS MacPro5,1 does not consider iMacPro specific properties in macOS.

Cheers,

KGP

Once more, please stop your current SMBIOS discussion, which is actually only due to your RX 580 implementation. Out of topic and already previously, extensively discussed in the past along this thread (see and read respective posts).. btw.. SMBIOS MacPro5,1 does not consider iMacPro specific properties in macOS.

Cheers,

KGP
Sure, let's talk about implementing AMD RX 580 with SMBIOS iMacPro 1,1
:banghead:

1. wow, how do you know my CSM was enable in the BIOS? because you are correct, so which error message that give that information?

Experience, more often than not, it's not disabling CSM that cause a machine not to boot. Seen this many times after performing a BIOS reset, only to find that macOS no longer boots.

2. I have set TSCAdjustReset.kext as KGP write in the his guide
3. this is the thing I really want to learn, which is how to apply KGP PCI module ssd aml to my dsdt.aml?
thank you for reply

Also, as you have an Asus, you must ensure that the MSR 0xE2 is writeable. This used to require to patch the BIOS until asus made it available as an option in the BIOS. I don't know what the Asus Rampage does here.

o_Oo_O Jesus !!! o_Oo_O

After implementing and running my new Corsair Dominator Platinum 128GB (8x16GB) DDR4 3200 MHz C16 Kit @3600MHz OC, suddenly this with my i9-7980XE @4.7 GHz (Sync All Cores) under 10.14 PB10 Mojave.. :crazy:

Screenshot 2018-09-19 at 14.55.51.png

Ohh my goodness.. !! 72410 !! :lol::lol::lol:... That's simply awesome :headbang::headbang::headbang:

Or is it just the update to Geekbench 4.3.0?

kgp.png

Last edited:
I have the same motherboard and keep that option, you do not need to patch or the 1301,1401,1503 bios. All have option to activate or deactivate MSR 0xE2 control.

Everything works spectacular
Awesome thanks, I recently adopted my PCI devices

,but just can't get HDAU to works (driver installed: no). I have already recent whaevergreen and lilu kexts in others with this patch:
com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController DE100B0E DE10EF10 FredWst DP/HDMI patch
Do I have to adopt the values of this patch or what else I'm doing wrong?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 16.31.54.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 16.31.54.png
    157 KB · Views: 88
o_Oo_O Jesus !!! o_Oo_O

After implementing and running my new Corsair Dominator Platinum 128GB (8x16GB) DDR4 3200 MHz C16 Kit @3600MHz OC, suddenly this with my i9-7980XE @4.7 GHz (Sync All Cores) under 10.14 PB10 Mojave.. :crazy:

View attachment 351676

Ohh my goodness.. !! 72410 !! :lol::lol::lol:... That's simply awesome :headbang::headbang::headbang:

Or is it just the update to Geekbench 4.3.0?

View attachment 351680
surprising that RAM could make such a difference.

I got this one: https://www.alternate.de/html/product/1310352 (when it was only 1200 euros), CL14 and could barely see the difference.

I need a hint in relationship to...no not the SMBIOS but Thunderbolt.
:lol::crazy:
I was able to install Windows 10, Drivers, update Firmware on Asus Thunderbolt 3EX card.
The card works using USB Type C and Type A both in Windows 10 and macOS. I don't have Thunderbolt devices right now.
But this is already something.
I've used the SSDT-X299-TB3-Minimal.aml provided by Mr KGP.

I have a Asus Prime X299-A, no the Deluxe. This board is slightly different from the De Luxe.
Nevertheless the SSDT-X299-TB3-Minimal.aml SSDT refers to the same address I can observe on this board IOREG (see attachment).

If I look into System Report I can see the naming a little off (see attachment).
The Thunderbolt device is seen in slot Airport@67,0,0

The SSDT refers to:
External (_SB_.PC01, DeviceObj) // (from opcode)
External (_SB_.PC01.BR1A, DeviceObj) // (from opcode)
External (_SB_.PC01.BR1A.PEGP, DeviceObj) // (from opcode)
External (_SB_.PC01.BR1A.SL01, DeviceObj) // (from opcode)

While I can see PC01, BR1A and SL01 both in the SSDT and my IOREG, I can't see PEGP.
What is it?
I've checked within the disassembled SSDT and pretty much all the device-id, subsystem-vendor-id, compatible data seem to mach my IOREG.

Is this correct or wrong?
Thanks.

Attachments

• Schermata 2018-09-19 alle 18.25.44.png
    Schermata 2018-09-19 alle 18.25.44.png
    392.3 KB · Views: 83
  • 8.14.48.png
    8.14.48.png
    468.8 KB · Views: 96
I am having a few issues with Thunderbolt 3 on the Asus x299 Deluxe and the alpine ridge card. I can't get daisy-chaining to work. Any help or solution would be greatly appreciated! Also, the Thunderbolt is only running at usb 3.1 speeds. Anyone know why?

Sure...my system (as you can read in infos) is running well since 5 months. Please attach your EFI with config.plist so I can check what is the problem.
I found an EFI folder from a post a while back (took ages this post is getting hard to follow 1000 + pages) that seemed to fix the issue. Any chance though that someone could post a step by step guide for our board Gigabyte Designare EX?

Awesome thanks, I recently adopted my PCI devices

,but just can't get HDAU to works (driver installed: no). I have already recent whaevergreen and lilu kexts in others with this patch:
com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController DE100B0E DE10EF10 FredWst DP/HDMI patch
Do I have to adopt the values of this patch or what else I'm doing wrong?

in my case (980ti evga) it is this way: DE100B0E - DE10B00F - DP/HDMI patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back