Votes: 28 2.1%
  • 10.0 Cheetah

Votes: 233 17.3%
  • 10.9 Mavericks

Votes: 18 1.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember trying to use the original Mac Mini and a 12" Power Book. However I did not switch to OS X until Leopard and a 15" MacBook Pro sometime in 2006 or 2007.

Good modding,
neil

10.6 Snow Leopard was my first one

My first implementation of OS X was on my old PowerMac 8500 running a 100 Mhz G3 upgrade.

Those were the days...

I was a student in London, and flood wired the house with Ethernet and token ring so that I could get my housemates to share my cable Internet connection. And back then, it was a heady 0.5Meg!

I feel old now.

Interesting fact: to install it, I seem to remember having to do something hacky. I think it was something along the lines of a mod designed to get it running on a pre-G3 system...

One of my favorite posts from that era? This one, about getting OS X Panther running on a 68k Mac

https://web.archive.org/web/20041026153629/http://www.appletalk.com.au/articles/68kpanther/

;)

My first-first contact was with Mac OS 8-9, but with OS X was with Jaguar 10.2 in 2003, Panther 10.3 in 2004, JaS OS Tiger 10.4.8 on my HP Laptop & Leopard 10.5.2 on my Desktop in 2006.

I don't remember Puma 10.1 but I think I have worked on it.

After 3 years I bought my first original Mac mini (Late 2009).

Leopard-Snow-Lion-Mountain were installed on my old Gigabyte-EP35C-DS3R.

10.9 & 10.10 on my new (profile)

I've selected 10.0 but I had the beta, bought in Paris at the (late) Apple Expo. That was really something, when you had been on Mac OS 7.5.1 to see os X beta ! Even if there was almost no apps.

I've updated this beta system to 10.8 without making any clean install during the years, my mHack is the first computer were I made an installation from scratch.

I remember my first machine was a G3 iBook, so probably around 2001. Loved the fact it came dual-boot: MacOS or OS X. Here we are all these years later still trying to master dual-boot! Remember upgrading the memory by unscrewing and lifting-up the keyboard, then taking out the wi-fi card.

One of the earliest pieces of software I bought was Connectix (I think that was how it was spelt) which Microsoft went on to buy and rename as their Virtual PC system. Back then it was most excellent as I could run Win98, MS-DOS and Linux as VMs. Thought it was the bees knees! Showing off to all and sundry - "Can your machine do this?" etc etc

:)

Mi first mac was a macbook white 07 (Santa Rosa) with Leopard. :headbang:

My first mac... was an apple clone, and it had a green screen haha then came the Classic and then PPC and finally the first G3 iMac which came with OS9 but we were able to update it to OSX10 it still works with 10.3 :lol:

I have been using Macs on and off since System 7 (late 90's) they were pretty much a pain in the tuchus until OS X leopard came out.
To me Macs are a hobby to have fun with, I need Windows machines to run the business side of my life... ( Fortune 100 type stuff)...but OS choice is a good thing (windows, mac, linux, ect.)
gives me something to do.... life is good ! :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back