Contribute
Register

How can I enable Airplay Mirroring under Mojave?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus P8H61-M LX
CPU
i5-2500K
Graphics
HD 3000 (Disabled) + RX470
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I can enable but no acceleration with HD 3000.
it shows VRAM: 7mb and I cannot enable airplay mirroring.
Can anybody helps me to fix this issue? Thanks a lot.

and I don't know why the install_tool.sh cannot get my EFI files so I uploaded as attached file.

Attachments

• debug_194.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 169
  • :dev:disk0s1:EFI.zip
    17.4 MB · Views: 152
Last edited:
Mojave only supports HD4000 or newer Intel graphics. You could upgrade to an HD4000 IB CPU.

Mojave only supports HD4000 or newer Intel graphics. You could upgrade to an HD4000 IB CPU.
So you mean I cannot enable HD 3000?
But it was detected by system.
Screenshot 2018-09-06 at 11.58.56 PM.png
Screenshot 2018-09-06 at 11.59.20 PM.png

So you mean I cannot enable HD 3000? .... But it was detected by system.

Just because it has been detected does not mean its supported, as you can see in your last screen dump there is no kext (driver) loaded against that device.

Screen Shot 2018-09-06 at 17.04.54.png

Mojave has dropped support for quite a few old technologies and devices ....

One those technologies dropped is Open GL/CL which is what Apple have used traditionally to render the MacOS UI. With Mojave Apple have now switched to using their new Metal 2 Graphics API to render the MacOS UI . The HD3000 was always a very poor IGPU so Apple did not bother creating Metal 2 drivers for it, it simply is not powerful enough to handle a modern graphics API.

As @trs96 posted Mojave only supports Intel IGPU's HD4000 and above, at least your Maxwell Nvidia card is supported :clap:

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Hi, I am also having this problem. The strange thing is it was working about 2 days ago (so it's definitely possible). My MacBook Air works so its not the other hardware or the network. That being said, I did follow a walk through for the 7010 Dell per the moderator so I did install/mess with some kexts. Any one have a way to point me in the right direction? Hardware is unchanged from when it was working so this must be a kext/multibeast change I made inadvertently. Thanks!

I have activated my igpu but airplay menu has no option other than "off". Can you help me please?

I think problem at line Mirror: Off at your screenshot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back