Contribute
Register

How can I delete grub and back to clover?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HM76
CPU
i5-3327u
Graphics
HD4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,

I was using Clover to boot my osx. I was naive. I was just curious about Ubuntu, so I tried to install Ubuntu on my usb flash drive. So, I made bootable usb stick for Ubuntu, and then installed the Ubuntu on the another usb flash drive.

I chose to install bootloader on the usb flash drive too during the installation process of Ubuntu. After completing the installation, when I restart my laptop, it shows "grub>" and the message of Minimal bash-like line editing is supported. So, I cannot get into my osx system because clover does not show up. And, I only can get into Ubuntu by using both usb flash drives (bootable usb and the one which Ubuntu was installed).

I don't know why it happened even though I chose to install bootloader on the usb flash drive. I really want to delete grub and go back to clover to boot my osx system. How can I do it?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi all,

I was using Clover to boot my osx. I was naive. I was just curious about Ubuntu, so I tried to install Ubuntu on my usb flash drive. So, I made bootable usb stick for Ubuntu, and then installed the Ubuntu on the another usb flash drive.

I chose to install bootloader on the usb flash drive too during the installation process of Ubuntu. After completing the installation, when I restart my laptop, it shows "grub>" and the message of Minimal bash-like line editing is supported. So, I cannot get into my osx system because clover does not show up. And, I only can get into Ubuntu by using both usb flash drives (bootable usb and the one which Ubuntu was installed).

I don't know why it happened even though I chose to install bootloader on the usb flash drive. I really want to delete grub and go back to clover to boot my osx system. How can I do it?

Thanks in advance for your help.
You can download the program EasyUEFI for Windows.
With this program you can mange the boot options, just put Clover to the top and Windows Boot Manager and Grub below it.
Please report back if it works.:thumbup:

You can download the program EasyUEFI for Windows.
With this program you can mange the boot options, just put Clover to the top and Windows Boot Manager and Grub below it.
Please report back if it works.:thumbup:
Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I solved this issue by deleting EFI/Ubuntu. Anyway, thanks again for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back