Contribute
Register

High Sierra - RX Vega & Final Cut h.264 fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Pastrychef,

I have now done as you have recommended with no avail. I'm still getting the same times on fcpx.

Please find latest config and screenshot attached.

any thoughts?

thanks

Everything looks good. I don't see anything wrong.

I'm not a FCPX user so I don't know about its performance. Try doing some renders and see how it compares to your old setup. Sometimes, synthetic benchmarks don't tell the real story.

Lilu/WEG/AppleALC.kext are old and should be updated.
Thanks for your replys. Have updated now with still no luck. The performance is definitely worse than my older setup. Lost now what to try.....

Thanks for your replys. Have updated now with still no luck. The performance is definitely worse than my older setup. Lost now what to try.....

I find that hard to believe especially when you state that your LuxMark scores are way better.

I find that hard to believe especially when you state that your LuxMark scores are way better.
Thanks for all the help. @jaymonkey seems to think it may have something to do with my SSDT hot patches and Clover ACPI fixes so will investigate these further and let you know if I have any luck.

Cheers,

Alex

Thanks for all the help. @jaymonkey seems to think it may have something to do with my SSDT hot patches and Clover ACPI fixes so will investigate these further and let you know if I have any luck.

Cheers,

Alex

Although I haven't had much Futher development on the patches and fixes I was actually wondering if this could be the issue I'm experiencing:

When I was using the RX580 or Dual 270Xs I had iGPU disabled- back then I had the better BruceX Benchmark.

Now with the VEGA56 I have to have iGPU enabled or FCPX crashes.

Could the reason for the slower BruceX score than expected the use of the VEGA 56 working with iGPU rather than independently? Bearing in mind that I'm using an older 4770K iGPU build compared to people's VEGA benchmarks of newer builds?

Please can someone assist me with the following.

I have made a thread about this but thought this would be a better place to find help.

I am running Mojave on an i7 6700, MSI H170 Gaming M3, Asus Strix RX Vega 64. Everything seems to be running well and I have not had any issues up till now. This is my first attempt at exporting a .H264 file through Final Cut. When I do so I get an immediate fail as you can see in the attached image.
I have been reading up on people having this issue in the past, however I have had no luck with their solutions that they have posted.

Trying the change to iMac19.1 did not work for me.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-02-26 at 23.28.55.png
    Screenshot 2019-02-26 at 23.28.55.png
    23.7 KB · Views: 273
  • Screenshot 2019-02-26 at 23.30.18.png
    Screenshot 2019-02-26 at 23.30.18.png
    102.7 KB · Views: 289
You have to enable Intel graphics in BIOS (just to be enabled) and set that it is primary graphics for export of h264 to work, and according to that have a blind boot, also you will notice that 4K skimming is now working normaly. This is only way that export of h264 is working properly for me.

You have to enable Intel graphics in BIOS (just to be enabled) and set that it is primary graphics for export of h264 to work, and according to that have a blind boot, also you will notice that 4K skimming is now working normaly. This is only way that export of h264 is working properly for me.

Thank you very much for helping. THIS DID WORK and I am now able to export .H264 from final cut. The difference in the render was unbelievably fast. I used to have a GTX 1070 and now have the RX Vega 64. The GTX 1070 would take almost more than double the amount of time to render when doing the same project as the RX Vega 64.

I am currently dual booting with Mojave and Windows 10. Is there no way to get around the blind boot so that I can select windows 10 from clover? Or will I have to change primary boot drive from the bios to get the Windows 10 drive to boot when I need it?

It is a problem with blind boot, not sure but I think that only solution is second monitor.
You can start Activity monitor and enable GPU history window to see which graphic is used more at current time, then you can see which graphic is doing what in FCP. For example on my system RX480 does skimming and stabilization and workaround 4K, and internal activates paralel with CPU when exporting, and it happens about 3 times faster than real time is (1min video on timeline exports in 20sec).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back