1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi there,

I've had a successful High Sierra build running good for months, but now Clover boots with the circle with the slash in the middle unless I boot in verbose (-v) or remove the additional SSD drive, a normal mechanical drive was at its place before.

I'm not an expert in hackintoshes and have searched for answers but didn't find anything related to adding an extra drive...

Again, everything is fine if I remove the additional SSD that is replacing a mechanical drive that I use only for data, nothing relevant to MacOS.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

HP ProDesk 600 G1 SFF (iMac 15,1)
i5-4570, 16Gb
Intel HD 4600

Hi there,

I've had a successful High Sierra build running good for months, but now Clover boots with the circle with the slash in the middle unless I boot in verbose (-v) or remove the additional SSD drive, a normal mechanical drive was at its place before.

I'm not an expert in hackintoshes and have searched for answers but didn't find anything related to adding an extra drive...

Again, everything is fine if I remove the additional SSD that is replacing a mechanical drive that I use only for data, nothing relevant to MacOS.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

HP ProDesk 600 G1 SFF (iMac 15,1)
i5-4570, 16Gb
Intel HD 4600

Hi there.

I would guess this problem is because the add-on SSD is not bootable, but is getting chosen as the default boot drive.

Run Disk Utility to see how your drives are enumerated. For example in High Sierra the booting drive is usually "disk0s2" with it's EFI partition at "disk0s1". Check the partition scheme on the SSD you've added. If it is GPT/GUID then it will also have an EFI partition, along with the main boot drive, which may add to the confusion. Basically 2x EFIs in a system causes problems.

:)

Reactions: bz5
You're correct, all my 4 drives have EFI partitions.

Under CloverConfigurator's EFI Partitions list, my correct efi boot drive is disk3s1, while my other data drives EFI are disk0s1 (the one I added), disk1s1 and disk2s1

Would it be safe to remove the EFI partitions on the 3 other drives or is there a better way to handle this? Apparently Disk Utility doesn't show them for good reason I assume.

Thank you for the help!

Solved it by using 'LastBootedVolume' in Clover's config.plist here:

<key>DefaultVolume</key>
<string>LastBootedVolume</string>

Thank you @UtterDisbelief for leading me to the EFI problem!

It is usually better to manage if you have only one EFI with your Clover, whatever the disk you plan to boot later on.
I have 3 disks, Mojave, Catalina and Win with separate installations on each disk, but Clover always launched from the SSD containing Mojave
Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back