High Sierra native support for 10Gb ethernet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• chelsio_xgb-1.16.45b1_T6_HighSierra.dmg
    1.7 MB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Also, there is the StarTech card....ST10GSPEXNB

RJ45 card: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833114165 (~$250 US)
Mac Driver can be found below.....it has a Tehuti controller, and it has a Mac driver......the listing on Newegg says this card has an Aquantia chip on it. I wonder if the driver could be used for the Asus Aquantia?

As for me, I might just skip 10.13.4 altogether, or until a fix can be found for the Aquantia card.....I just don't need to follow each and every bump that Apple puts together for their MacOS.....I can wait, and I probably will.

Attachments

• StarTech [Tehuti TN4010] Mac PCIe 10 Gigabit Network Card.zip
    976 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Also, there is the StarTech card....ST10GSPEXNB

RJ45 card: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833114165 (~$250 US)
Mac Driver can be found below.....it has a Tehuti controller, and it has a Mac driver......the listing on Newegg says this card has an Aquantia chip on it. I wonder if the driver could be used for the Asus Aquantia?

As for me, I might just skip 10.13.4 altogether, or until a fix can be found for the Aquantia card.....I just don't need to follow each and every bump that Apple puts together for their MacOS.....I can wait, and I probably will.

I have it, it works out of the box but speeds are not amazing, max 200MB/s. I tried to install Mac drivers but then it doesn't boot anymore...

So, on another forum, Mieze, a developer, has been working on this problem. I attached a screen shot of what she came up with (it's a Kext Patch). She claims it works for her.

I don't run the beta, so could someone who does try it? This is the patch as you would enter it in Clover Configurator.

Screen Shot 2018-04-03 at 2.32.03 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-03-30 at 3.00.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-30 at 3.00.21 PM.png
    194.6 KB · Views: 316
Last edited:
Given that Apple changed their code to make sure that third party vendors cards were excluded, that means they are watching. There was no reason to do this other than to exclude other cards (cards from third parties they don't approve of).

That kinda sucks.....

So, on another forum, Mieze, a developer, has been working on this problem. I attached a screen shot of what she came up with (it's a Kext Patch). She claims it works for her.

I don't run the beta, so could someone who does try it?

Thanks, works great now.

Screen Shot 2018-03-30 at 5.24.36 PM.png

<key>KextsToPatch</key>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>AQC 107 10 GbE</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
D4TAAwAA
</data>
<key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
<false/>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleEthernetAquantiaAqtion</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
kJCQkJCQ
</data>
</dict>

Last edited:
So, 10.13.4 now WILL work with our Aquantia 10GBE cards! Ain't that great!

Last edited:
<key>KextsToPatch</key>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>AQC 107 10 GbE</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
D4TAAwAA
</data>
<key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
<false/>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleEthernetAquantiaAqtion</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
kJCQkJCQ
</data>
</dict>
Hope this will be available in Clover Configurator soon ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back