Contribute
Register

High Sierra native support for 10Gb ethernet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm running 10.14.6 with clover boot loader 5118... while i added kexts to see my card ASUS XG-C100C ... no matter what i do i get the cable unplugged message...

so i guess i have to flash the card... but how do i do this in 10.14.6?

I'm very green and appreciative with the advice...

I flashed the card in windows 10 and nothing... if i remove my kexts mojave does not even see it...

Kext to patch
com.apple.driver.AppleEthernetAquantiaAqtion

Find
6275696C 742D696E

Replace
62626262 62626262

if anyone has a clue thanks in advance

attached my config.plist

tested the card in win 10 and it ran perfectly

Attachments

• config.plist
    22.3 KB · Views: 74
I flashed the card in windows 10 and nothing... if i remove my kexts mojave does not even see it...

Kext to patch
com.apple.driver.AppleEthernetAquantiaAqtion

Find
6275696C 742D696E

Replace
62626262 62626262

if anyone has a clue thanks in advance

attached my config.plist

tested the card in win 10 and it ran perfectly

The card needs to be flashed by a specific version of macOS. I think it was version 10.14.3. After it's been flashed, the KextsToPatch you listed will still be needed.

Be aware that after flashing, the card will not work in Windows. The Windows drivers will no longer recognize the card.

Hey guys, just wanted to share my success story, perhaps it will be useful for somebody.

I bought COMFAST CF-P100 from AliExpress: https://aliexpress.com/item/4001290777282.html

It didn't work OOB, but it was working on Windows. I used a patch from Marvell web site to update its firmare to the latest version, 109: https://www.marvell.com/support/downloads.html

Then I tried all the kext patches I was able to find but none of them were working under macOS. Aquantia kext was asserting like so:

AssertMacros: hw_rbl_enabled, file: /AppleInternal/BuildRoot/.../AppleEthernetAquantiaAqtion/if_axge.cpp, line: 7173, value: 0
AssertMacros: configSupported, file: /AppleInternal/BuildRoot/.../AppleEthernetAquantiaAqtion/if_axge.cpp, line: 320, value: 0

To read the boot logs related to the card I used this command:

$ sudo log show --predicate "processID == 0" --start $(date "+%Y-%m-%d") --debug | grep Aquatia

I took Hopper and made kext invert a result of checkConfigSupport function call with the following patch:

Kext: com.apple.driver.AppleEthernetAquantiaAqtion
Find: 41833C2400
Replace: 41833C2411

I didn't need to install macOS 10.13.3 to reflash the card.
So, even though card is not compatible, kext thinks it is compatible.

Use with care.

Attachments

• 41833C2400_11.png
    41833C2400_11.png
    61 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
I'm still running my Hackintosh on the trusty Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3.
Tried to install the XG-C100F but wasn't showing of course.
Managed to get 10.13.3 installed on a separate drive and kept rebooting but it still wouldn't show. Then I ended up borking that installation and am in the process of trying to reinstall it again.
I'm wondering if this motherboard is too old for the card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back