Contribute
Register

High Sierra native support for 10Gb ethernet

Status
Not open for further replies.
This patch also fixes the Aquantia under macOS 10.13.4.

The patch is based on Mieze's discovery that replacing the string "built-in" with any other value causes the driver to skip over chip identification.

This patch may be more likely to continue functioning if the driver changes, e.g. under macOS 10.13.5 (I haven't tested the beta yet to confirm).

<key>KextsToPatch</key>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>AQC 107 10 GbE v2</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
YnVpbHQtaW4=
</data>
<key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
<false/>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleEthernetAquantiaAqtion</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
qrvM3aq7zN0=
</data>
</dict>

Edited:How should I apply this patch in Clover Configurator? Will text mode would work? Just copy paste?

ok looks good now :0 I've got 10gbe network !!!!!

Thank you A LOT

Last edited:
Is it possible to get Unflashed cards to connect? Right now, they only get detected as Aquantia AQC-107 B0

Sorry, no help here. I have five cards, but they were all flashed by previous versions of macOS.

So far I haven't read any forum posts about successful use of unflashed cards.

The firmware kext is still in macOS, so in my mind at least it would stand to reason there's a way to make it work.

Attachments

• SmallTreeIntel8259x-3.3.15.dmg.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 104
Just a quick update: both of my Apple flashed Aquantia cards work just fine in 10.13.4 with the Mieze patch. Regardless of how you feel about her, she deserves credit for producing the patch in the first place. That patch has saved a lot of folks, and we should be thankful to her for taking the time and effort to produce it for us.

I have a point I want to emphasize:

If you have an Aquantia card that is working on 10.13.4, its working only because of the patch that Mieze provided on Insanelymac, which was brought over here so that people here could use it to keep working using their Aquantia cards.

Many of would know Mieze because of her widely used IntelMausiEthernet.kext, pretty much the standard for Ethernet cards on Hackintoshes.

Please keep that in mind if you are using that card in 10.13.4.

Last edited:
Thanks, works great now.

View attachment 321885

<key>KextsToPatch</key>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>AQC 107 10 GbE</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
D4TAAwAA
</data>
<key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
<false/>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleEthernetAquantiaAqtion</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
kJCQkJCQ
</data>
</dict>

Where do you put that ?

Where do you put that ?

Assuming you're not kidding about where this patch goes (Kexts to Patch...):

If you don't use the cli to enter configurations into your config.plist in Clover, check out post #116, which will give you the values to enter if you use Clover Configurator, and of course, the patch goes under Kexts to Patch, in the section "Kernel and Kext Patches" of Clover Configurator.

Entering those values in Clover Configurator will result in the same values you see in @AnAppleADay's post. The values you enter in Clover Configurator are entered in Hex, that's why they are different from what you see in the cli.

Assuming you're not kidding about where this patch goes (Kexts to Patch...):

If you don't use the cli to enter configurations into your config.plist in Clover, check out post #116, which will give you the values to enter if you use Clover Configurator, and of course, the patch goes under Kexts to Patch, in the section "Kernel and Kext Patches" of Clover Configurator.

Entering those values in Clover Configurator will result in the same values you see in @AnAppleADay's post. The values you enter in Clover Configurator are entered in Hex, that's why they are different from what you see in the cli.

Thank you, I entered the values in Clover Configurator. The Asus XG-C100C is now detected by doesn't work. It keeps saying "cable unplugged". So no luck for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back