Motherboard
AORUS Z390 Pro Wifi
CPU
i9-9900k
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I'm currently stuck trying to upgrade to High Sierra. I can boot into the installer on my USB stick and get it started, but the computer restarts every time once the progress bar gets to around 2 minutes remaining. After it reboots, clover does give me an option to boot into the target drive to finish installing like I'd expect it to, but typically it just stays on the Apple logo and nothing happens. Sometimes it does take me to an install screen, but it always says that macOS cannot be installed due to missing resources.

I've searched around the forums and tried a few things but nothing has worked for me so far. This is maybe my fourth time installing a new os on this machine and I've never run into this before.

I did have to follow this guide on creating the full installer from the 20mb stub from the App Store, so not sure if that could cause a problem like this or not.

Here is a screencap from after the installer failed/before system restarts:

Build components are:
-i7 4770K
-Gigabyte z87x-ud5-th
-Corsair Vengeance 8x4gb
-EVGA GTX1060
-Crucial 500gb SSD

BIOS settings taken from the Unibeast High Sierra guide.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Just tried installing with all other drives disconnected, but keep getting the same error:
img_20190228_105823-jpg.390135

I've tried booting back into the USB installer as well as into the SSD after the macos installer restarts, but to no avail.

In addition, after reattaching my other drive (with Sierra on it), my computer gets stuck on the motherboard splash screen, and refuses to do anything. I can't get into the boot menu, bios settings etc.

Attachments

• IMG_20190228_105823.jpg
    IMG_20190228_105823.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 316
Update: Reset CMOS and was able to boot back into Sierra. Still stuck on installing High Sierra though.

Update: Reset CMOS and was able to boot back into Sierra. Still stuck on installing High Sierra though.

Maybe there's some hardware in your computer that just can't run High Sierra. Did you make sure that your hardware is supported?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back