Contribute
Register

High Sierra Clover Boot Loop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good.
Once you did the above steps, was your monitor still connected to your Nvidia GTX 950?
Did you change the Monitor cable to your IGFX?

Even if you actually changed the location of Video cable to IGFX port, did you REMOVE the PCIE NVIDIA card from its PCIE slot to outside the case?
Just removing its PCIE Power connectors alone won't work to DISABLE the PCIE Card installed in PCIE slot.

Yes I completely removed the card. No difference at all.

Yes I completely removed the card. No difference at all.
I am just typing this from the same MoBo GA-Z77X-UP5-TH with i7 3770K with Integrated Intel HD 4000 from a macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 running from a 1 TB SATA HDD in triple boot from 3 separate SATA Spin disks with Windows 10 and Ubuntu.

I have Radeon 5450 as PCIE card.
I removed to test and prove that Intel HD 4000 should work with full QE/CI in this system.

• Your BIOS setup is correct for the IGFX.
  • if you had shut down and removed the PCIE card and
  • then rebooted and checked BIOS setup to make sure they are still retained the same and
  • booted using a properly made High Sierra USB installer with its CLOVER and Config.plist edited to use Intel HD,
  • I find no reason for it to fail unless you have a very old BIOS in it.
  • Please note the image of my Apple_About This Mac>Overview and the diskutil list command output for the System that is working with Intel HD 4000.

Attachments

• 1.Overview.png
    1.Overview.png
    101 KB · Views: 201
  • 2.diskutil list output.png
    2.diskutil list output.png
    44 KB · Views: 209
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back