Contribute
Register

high sierra bootloader problem and graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
if i put hdmi monitor.. i dont need nv_disable=1 as bootflag , and the graphics run smooth?
If your GT630 is the Kepler edition with a GK208 core then it has native support with no need for web drivers.
nv_disable=1 disables the Nvidia drivers, you should not use it.

Ok. As I see you have an Intel Xeon X5460 (Harpertown), you don't have an available Intel internal GPU (iGPU) for the OS to boot from. That means you MUST boot with the Nvidia.

To boot with the Nvidia, you will likely need to boot with these boot-arguments (boot-args) set in EFI/Clover/config.plist using the Clover Configurator app (these are settings I used in my previous Nvidia builds):

dart=0
darkwake=0
slide=0
kext-dev-mode=1
npci=0x2000
nvda_drv=1
alcid=1

And you also need to make sure your BIOS settings are Hackintosh compatible (for the best results).

Have a look at the following builds/posts, especially the first link. It should show you the correct BIOS settings you must set first before booting with the Clover bootloader:

> https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/successfully-installed-sierra-10-12-4-in-asus-p5q-e.217932/

> https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...8-and-p5q-p45-issues-with-sandisk-ssd.237284/

Also the alcid setting above refers to the sound card layout - you must have this setting for the sound card to work. I checked you have a Realtek ALC1200 sound codec on your motherboard. We set it to 1 as a guess but you can change this from 1 to 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 11, 27, 28, or 29 if you don't have sound. If you have the AppleALC.kext & Lilu.kext installed and apply the correct layout number, the sound card should work.
I do it ...I make install of clover bootloader without multibeast and now I open clover configuration and the EFI/clover/config.plist Appear .. so I try your boot-args but when finish the boot and I’m inside of Mac , the screen is blinking and it’s black and grey .. so I make my old boot- args ( -v nv_disable=1 dart=o npci=0x3000) ..p1lgrim says the vga dosnt support for this edition ..if I use hdmi may the problem gone ?

Last edited:
If your GT630 is the Kepler edition with a GK208 core then it has native support with no need for web drivers.
I boot without nv_disable=1 and the background is black and some rgb on screen and the noise cursor is disappear

Attachments

• 3E091E97-25E0-4A91-9920-76C6AC31F3E4.jpeg
    3E091E97-25E0-4A91-9920-76C6AC31F3E4.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 52
  • 22FBC1CB-519B-4F10-8DF0-666F57D93036.jpeg
    22FBC1CB-519B-4F10-8DF0-666F57D93036.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 43
I put hdmi monitor but still the same ,,,,

Did you also put in or try darkwake=0 and/or slide=0 ?

Part of the process of hackintosh is testing your settings to see if they work. You do know you can do this from Clover? When you boot Clover, and get to the boot selection screen (where you see all the drive icons), move your cursor right (ie. press right key on your keyboard) until it moves to Clover Options icon, hit Enter - then you can add/make changes to the boot-args in your list. Say you wanted to add darkwake=0 to your current settings, all you do is highlight the top line within this Options section, press Enter and you can edit that line to fit your needs ie.
-v dart=0 slide=0 npci=0x2000 nvda_drv=1. Once finished press Enter, press ESC to get out of Options screen then highlight your Mac boot drive, press Enter to finish and it will boot into macOS with your new settings.

Part of the process of hackintosh is testing your settings to see if they work. You do know you can do this from Clover? When you boot Clover, and get to the boot selection screen (where you see all the drive icons), move your cursor right (ie. press right key on your keyboard) until it moves to Clover Options icon, hit Enter - then you can add/make changes to the boot-args in your list. Say you wanted to add darkwake=0 to your current settings, all you do is highlight the top line within this Options section, press Enter and you can edit that line to fit your needs ie.
-v dart=0 slide=0 npci=0x2000 nvda_drv=1. Once finished press Enter, press ESC to get out of Options screen then highlight your Mac boot drive, press Enter to finish and it will boot into macOS with your new settings.
Thank you , I will try this ,

Good morning

Good morning ... I search today for my gpu but I think it’s doesn’t support on high Sierra , and the web driver nvidia for high Sierra it’s not for my gpu ,,,, may I got new card ...my friend have a rx470 which is native with high Sierra and I try with this card to see if work ...so that problem gone with gpu ..
my other problem is the sound . For now I use usb card which it work . But I want to try to work with mobo card sound ... as you say and I search my sound card is alc1200.on multibeast it doesn’t have kext for 1200 so I can’t from there but I remember something else .. on bios - advance -onboard devices configuration have 2 options . The first is HD AUDIO and the second is ac97.. it’s on other sound card ?

Ioannis,

Okay, then yes the RX470 should be a better GPU for you on High Sierra.

But AppleALC DOES have 'kext' for your sound card - it is already added into the kext! You will need to download the latest version from here > https://github.com/acidanthera/AppleALC
It will detect your card nut you must select the appropriate alcid number to activate it. You can find the values to try here in this list > https://github.com/acidanthera/AppleALC/wiki/Supported-codecs

The HD Audio setting in BIOS is fine, you can leave it as is.

If you still have trouble with the sound, you could perhaps try using Toleda's Codec Commander script > https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverALC

Ioannis,

Okay, then yes the RX470 should be a better GPU for you on High Sierra.

But AppleALC DOES have 'kext' for your sound card - it is already added into the kext! You will need to download the latest version from here > https://github.com/acidanthera/AppleALC
It will detect your card nut you must select the appropriate alcid number to activate it. You can find the values to try here in this list > https://github.com/acidanthera/AppleALC/wiki/Supported-codecs

The HD Audio setting in BIOS is fine, you can leave it as is.

If you still have trouble with the sound, you could perhaps try using Toleda's Codec Commander script > https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverALC
Mmm I check it and I see the alc1200 is not on the list ... but I find this for my sound card and I think it’s worked .

but tell me how to install kext? With clover ?

Attachments

• 651A836D-1876-44CB-A063-E399357D4C15.jpeg
    651A836D-1876-44CB-A063-E399357D4C15.jpeg
    235.7 KB · Views: 45
Mmm I check it and I see the alc1200 is not on the list ... but I find this for my sound card and I think it’s worked .

but tell me how to install kext? With clover ?
you copy the kext to clover/kexts/other folder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back