Contribute
Register

High Sierra - 660ti graphics issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow I'm lost, I cannot find post_install.plist file in my setup and I don't know what software you're using to edit it. Sorry to be a complete noob...
Also, in my case, under System Report => PCI , my Nvidia GTX 660ti informations are correct but the Slot name is : Ethernet... it's not something like PCI Slot 1 or PCI Slot 0@6,0,0.

It's weird, I'm wondering how to edit this with the correct information. I used a DSDT.aml in clover from someone who has exactly the same motherboard as mine and he also uses a Nvidia GFX (but different model)

Thanks for your help, my system works fine but I have artefacts on screen so I'm still looking for a solution to fix it. (I don't have iGPU since my HP Z800 workstation uses dual Xeon CPUs)

Take a look at https://github.com/VoiletDragon/Z77-DS3H-Clover-Hotpatch-Patches

You have to enable IGP in bios and macos have to correctly detect it. Your Intel HD gpu should be visible in the System Report.
In my MSI bios I had to set it to init IGP first. I don't know why, but macos was rebooting when starting graphics. However this may be relevant only to my setup.
Also in order to the gpu video decoding acceleration work properly I had to edit AppleGraphicPowerManagement.kext (you can check if vda works you can use mpv --hwdec=videotoolbox --vo=opengl video.mp4)

I am not running High Sierra at the moment. In Sierra my GTX660 works perfectly.

This is a worrying development for me. It seems that the release version of High Sierra (and even the Supplemental Update and the 10.13.1 beta) has graphics issues with the Kepler series video cards. If this continues I can't install High Sierra in the future without replacing my GTX660, which I am reluctant to do.

Hopefully a solution to this problem will be found in time.

I have a GTX 660Ti in a 2009 MacPro that's had its firmware updated and CPU replaced. (4 core to 6 core)
I've got the same issue. I'm currently back in El Capitan, but I didn't see these issues in Sierra. Some speculation on APFS being the culprit?

I have a GTX 660Ti in a 2009 MacPro that's had its firmware updated and CPU replaced. (4 core to 6 core)
I've got the same issue. I'm currently back in El Capitan, but I didn't see these issues in Sierra. Some speculation on APFS being the culprit?

Interesting suggestion. Is there anyone here who is running High Sierra on APFS and who is using a GTX660 or GTX660 Ti (or cards from the same family)? If so, do you experience graphics glitches in High Sierra?

Interesting suggestion. Is there anyone here who is running High Sierra on APFS and who is using a GTX660 or GTX660 Ti (or cards from the same family)? If so, do you experience graphics glitches in High Sierra?

I have a HP Z800 workstation, very close setup compare to a Mac Pro 2010/2011 (same chipset, etc.) with a Geforce GTX 660 ti 2Gb (APFS). No problems on Mountain Lion but glitches appears on High Sierra after some minutes, it appears instantly on any 3D intensive application (for example = Games).
There is a trick to clean up the glitches : go to System Preferences -> Displays and change the screen resolution to anything else than native. Once it's done, comeback to your native resolution. The glitches are cleaned up.
Not really convenient solution, and it doesn't last long. But better than nothing for now.
I was curious if the bug also appears on real Mac Pro, now we know, so I hope it will be fixed by Nvidia or Apple...

I tried all possible workarounds to fix it, suggestions, but it seems that this problem is not hackintosh related, but definitely High Sierra with Nvidia related.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back