Contribute
Register

High Sierra 10.13.6, UHD630 Graphics not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you disable SIP?

@gopinathch,

Simply installing WhatEverGreen is not enough you need to configure it by setting device properties ... the easiest way is to use HD-Patcher to generate the Device Properties code for you.

Everything you need to know and how to do it is in this guide :-

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-lilu-and-its-plug-ins.260063/

Cheers
Jay

I didn't try High Sierra, but in Mojave, I don't need anything in config.plist > Devices > Properties and my IGPU is detected correctly and used by the system.

Edit:
That's for Coffee Lake. For Coffee Lake Refresh, I need to spoof Coffee Lake.

Here is the report

Mojave has native support for 0x3e91, but probably not High Sierra.
High Sierra would require spoofing the device-id to something that is supported (0x3e92 for example).

Why not just use Mojave?

I didn't try High Sierra, but in Mojave, I don't need anything in config.plist > Devices > Properties and my IGPU is detected correctly and used by the system.

Hi Pastrychef ....

WhatEverGreen has a default PlatformID for each type of CPU/IGPU type/generation .. in many cases the default does not necessary match the actual IGPU type .. for example on Kaby Lake U type CPU's WEG will will default to 0x591B0000 which is for mobile HD630 IGPU but if you have mobile HD620 IGPU then you need to use Device Properties to set it to 0x59160000.

By implicitly setting a Device Property for AAPL,ig-platform-id you can be sure your system is always using the correct IGPU frame buffer and not relying on the default being correct (which it isn't in many cases).

Cheers
Jay

Hi Pastrychef ....

WhatEverGreen has a default PlatformID for each type of CPU/IGPU type/generation .. in many cases the default does not necessary match the actual IGPU type .. for example on Kaby Lake U type CPU's WEG will will default to 0x591B0000 which is for mobile HD630 IGPU but if you have mobile HD620 IGPU then you need to use Device Properties to set it to 0x59160000.

By implicitly setting a Device Property for AAPL,ig-platform-id you can be sure your system is always using the correct IGPU frame buffer and not relying on the default being correct (which it isn't in many cases).

Cheers
Jay

IGPU also gets detected correctly without WhateverGreen installed and nothing in config.plist > Devices > Properties.

Mojave has native support for 0x3e91, but probably not High Sierra.
High Sierra would require spoofing the device-id to something that is supported (0x3e92 for example).

Why not just use Mojave?

----------------------10.13.3----------------
I have no issues with 10.13.3 but while creating 10.13.3 it showing apfs.efi error at UniBeast on this Hackintosh computer.
That's the problem. If you please help me with 10.13.3 UniBeast, all problem will sorted out.

-------10.13.6-------------
In 10.13.6 ,I am having graphic glitches, so while creating bootable USB for Mojave ,USB UEFI partition not showing at BOOT screen. I tried two times but not working.

I haven't had apple computer to create Mojave, At public Mojave release i created USB but i formatted accidentally.

So i choose 1013.6

it's really tough in 10.13.6, I tried 10.13.6 more than 12 times on Fresh install with MultiBeast, always Graphics part not working with Multi Beast 14.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back