Contribute
Register

High Sierra 10.13.3 update to Mojave black screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, my config is pretty simple and described in signature.

I tried to run update from App Store and everything seems to be fine.

But after restart I have an Apple sign with progress bar which ends up with a black screen after 20 mins of moving.

Then I read about Intel Inject setting which might need to be disabled and tried that one too.
In this case somewhere in the middle of a progress I end up with a black screen again, but in this case display says "No signal".

Any ideas for possible solutions?

Hello, my config is pretty simple and described in signature.

I tried to run update from App Store and everything seems to be fine.

But after restart I have an Apple sign with progress bar which ends up with a black screen after 20 mins of moving.

Then I read about Intel Inject setting which might need to be disabled and tried that one too.
In this case somewhere in the middle of a progress I end up with a black screen again, but in this case display says "No signal".

Any ideas for possible solutions?
Ivv got the same issue and many hours in trying to repair it but im not an expert. If i find anything i will let you know as we are running the same hardware for the most part.

Ivv got the same issue and many hours in trying to repair it but im not an expert. If i find anything i will let you know as we are running the same hardware for the most part.
ok , i cn log in from the network and all files are there so the machine is booting but its a problem with the 530 built in graphics. I have tried several of the suggestions but no luck as yet.

I've created a live ubuntu USB and was able to get access to osx filesystem from there. Checked logs, they are full of
(com.apple.displaypolicyd): Service only ran for 1 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 9 seconds.

At least I know what it's doing behind that black screen. Not very helpful to resolve the issue, but still...

I've created a live ubuntu USB and was able to get access to osx filesystem from there. Checked logs, they are full of
(com.apple.displaypolicyd): Service only ran for 1 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 9 seconds.

At least I know what it's doing behind that black screen. Not very helpful to resolve the issue, but still...
so i made a boot usb with mojave and can boot into my desktop. still need to repair the graphics but its up .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back