i7-6700
Graphics
Quadro M620
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all!

I've been doing quite a bit of research lately on building a Hackintosh, and I published an article over at The Mac Observer on the top 5 motherboards for undertaking such a project. I'd love to get the feedback of the Hive Mind here, so have I missed anything? Any other recommendations I might provide to my readers?

Thanks!

--Jeff

My ASUS GENE and HERO builds were my first ASUS motherboard builds. Previously, I had Gigabyte motherboards which were a cinch to install OS X successfully. However, one of the moderators suggested I try an ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII series, and the rest is history. The BIOS is well laid out and is a breeze to setup. If you're an overclocker, the ROG MAXIMUS series has a BIOS overclock assistance capability that gets you on your way.

Unfortunately, the GENE hasn't appeared in a 200 series chipset motherboard, but the HERO survives as a HERO IX series. So, I'm now a fan of ASUS motherboards as well as Gigabyte motherboards.

Hi all!

I've been doing quite a bit of research lately on building a Hackintosh, and I published an article over at The Mac Observer on the top 5 motherboards for undertaking such a project. I'd love to get the feedback of the Hive Mind here, so have I missed anything? Any other recommendations I might provide to my readers?

Thanks!

--Jeff

Thanks for this, Jeff. I'm currently looking at this one myself:

ASRock Z170 Extreme7+ LGA 1151 Intel Z170

Your thoughts are welcome. I do like that Sabretooth, but it only has one M.2 connection, and I'd really like two (one for each SSD).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back