Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Help with Catalina Install plz!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Prime Z390-A
CPU
I5 9600k
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

So im a massive noob and I wanted to build a hackintosh... i basically just need it for logic pro x as i am a working musician.

So ive followed the instructions on this site to the letter regarding the Catalina install. But im now permanently stuck on the black screen with the apple logo and the progress bar and its gone all the way across but is not doing anything, its been like this for hours, do i just keep waiting? or have i done something wrong?

FYI, ive followed all the specs for building a compatible machine, heres my specs -
Asus Prime Z390-A LGA1151 motherboard, Intel Core i5 9500k, Samsung m.2 500gb, 2x16gb of DDR4 hyper x

PLz some one help me!!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20200204_154610.jpg
    IMG_20200204_154610.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 59
Please read and comply with the rules, in particular the one regarding profiles.
Link to profile - Just three items - Motherboard (or prebuilt system), Processor (CPU) and Graphics.

Boot in verbose mode and post a picture of the screen when it stops.

Hi,

So im a massive noob and I wanted to build a hackintosh... i basically just need it for logic pro x as i am a working musician.

So ive followed the instructions on this site to the letter regarding the Catalina install. But im now permanently stuck on the black screen with the apple logo and the progress bar and its gone all the way across but is not doing anything, its been like this for hours, do i just keep waiting? or have i done something wrong?

FYI, ive followed all the specs for building a compatible machine, heres my specs -
Asus Prime Z390-A LGA1151 motherboard, Intel Core i5 9500k, Samsung m.2 500gb, 2x16gb of DDR4 hyper x

PLz some one help me!!!!!!

Hello.

First things first. Copy your components into your Profile so it all appears in the sidebar. It will then follow you around the site and help others help you. It's also a part of the Site Rules (see Menu) :thumbup:

Okay, next reboot and when you get to the Clover drive selection menu press the SpaceBar and from the menu select Verbose boot mode. Now Select the drive and post a screen grab of where it sticks.

:)

Please read and comply with the rules, in particular the one regarding profiles.
Link to profile - Just three items - Motherboard (or prebuilt system), Processor (CPU) and Graphics.

Boot in verbose mode and post a picture of the screen when it stops.

Ha! Beat me to it! :D

Hello.

First things first. Copy your components into your Profile so it all appears in the sidebar. It will then follow you around the site and help others help you. It's also a part of the Site Rules (see Menu) :thumbup:

Okay, next reboot and when you get to the Clover drive selection menu press the SpaceBar and from the menu select Verbose boot mode. Now Select the drive and post a screen grab of where it sticks.

Hi,

Thanks, i think ive updated that right! :)

This is where it stopped.

Attachments

• IMG_20200204_174956.jpg
    IMG_20200204_174956.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 106
Hi,

Thanks, i think ive updated that right! :)

This is where it stopped.

Okay :thumbup:

Do a forum search for:

apfs_module_start: 1683

...and that will give you your answer.

Here's a free one to get you started:

Last edited:
Hi,

Ive done that and ive put SSDT-USBX.aml and SSDT-EC.aml in the patch folder in the efi partition but im still getting the same message?

Hello everyone. I was finally able to get rid of the apfs 1683 doing different things. Using only the SSDT-EC did not help, I had to use also the SSDT-PNLF and SSDT-USBX
I'm attaching here the EFI partition for other people who would be using the same mobo, knowing that is set for an use without a dGPU. A few things have still to be fixed, but at least you'll get to the installer and be able to install Catalina!

Thanks for you advices!

This worked thankyouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

Reactions: mvk
Okay :thumbup:

Do a forum search for:

apfs_module_start: 1683

...and that will give you your answer.

Here's a free one to get you started:

Ok so now i have a different problem, i get to the install stage and its installing and looking all good and then it restarts my pc with about 5 mins to go and then i go through the same processes again of booting it off the usb and it keeps doing it, what do i search for that?? :\

Ok so now i have a different problem, i get to the install stage and its installing and looking all good and then it restarts my pc with about 5 mins to go and then i go through the same processes again of booting it off the usb and it keeps doing it, what do i search for that?? :\

How did you create your USB installer ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back