Graphics
Intel HD 4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So I have been spending a ton of time trying to dual boot Mac OS X Yosemite and Windows 10 Preview. At first, I tried using unibeast and multibeast without any success. I could not boot up once. After a coupe days, I decided to try clover to install Mac OS X and it works great! I then installed clover boot loader onto my UEFI system and that worked great to. Then, I proceeded to install Windows 10 on a separate partition i created. Once again successful.

Now the problem. If I boot into my computer and my boot mode is set to UEFI, clover comes up with a Yosemite option and a Windows option. Looks great. I can click Yosemite and it boots flawlessly, but if I try to boot into windows, the windows logo appears and then immediately returns back to clover. It does not boot up at all.

But... If I disable UEFI, (legacy boot mode), my laptop immediately boots into Windows without any clover or option to go into Yosemite.

My goal is to have working boot loader with options to boot into windows and Yosemite. I appreciate any help! Thanks very much.

My laptop:
Dell Inspiron 5521 (almost exact specs as 3321)
-3337U i5 Processor
-Intel Graphics 4000
-8gb of ram
-1 tb hard drive
-Bios: InsydeH20

Once again, thank you.

I think it's almost always recommended to install a different OS onto a different hard drive all together. Seeing as you're working on a laptop, this might be a bit more challenging.

I'll tell you what I can see. If you're disabling UEFI and it's booting into Windows 10 TP, that means that your installation of Windows 10 TP was not a UEFI install, but instead it was a legacy install. I ended up doing that on my machine as well the first go round, and Clover did not like it one bit. I would see the drive in Clover when I'd boot up, but it would never successfully boot the Windows OS. I recreated my Windows installation USB drive using Rufus on a Windows machine, and ensured I selected "GPT Partition scheme for UEFI" as the Partition Scheme and ensured I booted via UEFI boot when selecting the USB drive in the BIOS. After it was all setup, Clover picked up like 5 drives from the Windows installation as a proper GPT partition scheme in Windows has like 5 partitions. I then disabled Legacy in the BOOT section of Clover Configurator while in Mac OS X to disable the other 4 legacy partitions of Windows GPT from the Clover menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back