Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ROG Strix Z390-I Gaming
CPU
Intel i9-9900k
Graphics
RX 5700 XT Sapphire Nitro Plus
Hello!

I am new to Hackintoshing and have had a ton of trouble trying to get my system to boot Mac OS Catalina. I believe all my parts are compatible (but I could and most likely be wrong), a list of my PC components will be listed.

I have tried to use Unibeast to boot my system (didn't work but I got an Apple Logo with a 100% progress bar), and I have tried numerous different plists in an attempt to Vanilla install via Clover Bootloader and Configurator (one error that happened was because of my NVMe drives that I have for Windows 10 and Linux Distros, so I took them out to then have an error that I believe was trying to find the DELL OEM wifi card that I do not have installed in my PC since I planned to use only Ethernet connectivity while using Mac OS). I tried for about three days and probably around 15+ hours, I am very green at this type of thing obviously, and I finally decided to reach out on this forum to see if anyone was able to help me figure this out or to tell me that I am out of luck! I appreciate any form of guidance! Thank you!

PC Component List:

Processor: Intel i9-9900k
Motherboard: Asus Z390-I Gaming
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200 MHz C16
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i RGB Platinum SE
GPU: RX 5700 XT Sapphire Nitro Plus SE
Storage: PNY 480 GB SATA SSD, 500 GB Samsung 970 Evo NVMe SSD, 256 GB Samsung NVMe SSD (NVMe SSDs were removed during attempted install after error was found)

should be a very simple machine to get Catalina working on, mine is very much the same. BIOS settings are very important. its all in the USB creation and proper drivers and kexts. can you share the CLOVER folder on the USB drive. ?

should be a very simple machine to get Catalina working on, mine is very much the same. BIOS settings are very important. its all in the USB creation and proper drivers and kexts. can you share the CLOVER folder on the USB drive. ?

Hello Donw35,

Awesome that we have a similar build. I actually deleted the flashdrives I was using out of mild frustration. Do you think your EFI files would work for me since the are very similar specs?

I recreated the EFI file that I was originally using. I definitely have something wrong, since it doesn't work, but here it is.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 68
I did some changes to your EFI folder and corrected a few things, give it a try and report back

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 65

Attachments

• 20200428_233632.jpg
    20200428_233632.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 64
I might have to remove the NVMe Drives unless there is a way to have Clover not try to read them. Let me check BIOS settings too. Can you send yours to make sure I have everything correct?

Since you're new to Hackintosh I would suggest you remove all other disk from the machine by either unplugging the sata cables or in the case of NVMe drives remove them (please power down machine before removing any drives) and just leave the one you're installing to. Good luck.

Thats odd, I have a Samsung SSD 970 EVO 500GB boot drive and a second M.2 is a Toshiba 1TB NVME, I also have two SSD's, one is Windows 10 and the other is Ubuntu 20.04.

Can you verify the version of Clover you have on your boot USB. ?

I have moved onto OpenCore these days but that Clover folder I gave you should do the trick, OC is a little more complicated for new Hackintosh users.

The version of Clover is 5114, I think its the most recent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back