Gigabyte H87M-HD3
CPU
i7-4790
Graphics
GTX 660
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone!
First off I'd like to state that I'm a complete newbie in Hackintosh community, I just spent a lot of time researching and this is what I came up with. If anyone has the knowledge to tell me if these parts will work and what could I encounter while istalling OS X Mavericks, I would greatly appreciate it :)

1. BitFenix Prodigy MicroATX
2. Gigabyte Z87MX-D3H
3. Intel i5 4440
4. Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB - 1600MHz
5. Asus GTX660 DirectCU II OC
6. Kingston HyperX 120GB - boot drive
7. Seagate Barracuda 1TB - data drive
8. Corsair CS 550M
9. LG BH16NS40
10. OS X Mavericks

Thank you all in advance.

Hi everyone!
First off I'd like to state that I'm a complete newbie in Hackintosh community, I just spent a lot of time researching and this is what I came up with. If anyone has the knowledge to tell me if these parts will work and what could I encounter while istalling OS X Mavericks, I would greatly appreciate it :)

1. BitFenix Prodigy MicroATX
2. Gigabyte Z87MX-D3H
3. Intel i5 4440
4. Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB - 1600MHz
5. Asus GTX660 DirectCU II OC
6. Kingston HyperX 120GB - boot drive
7. Seagate Barracuda 1TB - data drive
8. Corsair CS 550M
9. LG BH16NS40
10. OS X Mavericks

Thank you all in advance.

You should research that board some more and think carefully about it. Also have a look at the many threads that detail install issues using some corsair ram with gigabyte boards; some combinations just dont play well together.

The Buyers Guide which is linked at the top of the page, lists the currently recommended ram. Corsair used to be on there but was removed due to the issues people were having with it.

Also search the forums for that optical drive. Some drives out there prevent sleep on a hackintosh; optiarc models are recommended since they dont cause the sleep issue.

Have a read of this somewhat long thread before making a final decision on your chosen motherboard.

Thank you for the response, as for the tonymacx86's build with the GA-Z87MX board he used corsair ram and it seems like it was good, also ram I "chose" is on the gigabyte's compatibility list, so I thought it would be ok, but if crucial ballistix are a better choice I'm on it. As for the optical drive I don't care about manufacturer as long as it's a blu-ray, so what would you recommend?

Thank you for the response, as for the tonymacx86's build with the GA-Z87MX board he used corsair ram and it seems like it was good, also ram I "chose" is on the gigabyte's compatibility list, so I thought it would be ok, but if crucial ballistix are a better choice I'm on it. As for the optical drive I don't care about manufacturer as long as it's a blu-ray, so what would you recommend?

Check the forums for bluray drives that people have gotten to work. I dont use one here, Ive always stuck to optiarc DVD drives.

Ram from the manufacturers list is always a good option; just be mindful of the issues other users have had, as described in that thread, due to using corsair ram with that board. If i was buying new, i would definitely go for the ballistix instead.

As for the optical drive I don't care about manufacturer as long as it's a blu-ray, so what would you recommend?

Pioneer BDR207DBK works well in my system. 208DBK or 209DBK I have also seen in build reports as working.

That's nice to hear, any more recommendations or notes on the parts on the parts i chose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back