Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I've read some success stories that list the components I purchased. I'm running a Gigabyte x99-ud4, Intel 5960x (8 core), 64GB, and Gigabyte nVidia 970 Windforce cards (x2 in SLI).

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...x-gtx-970-ga-x99-ud4-yosemite-hackintosh.html

I can't seem to get a hold of him, but the guy in that thread has almost the exact same config (except 6 core processor, less RAM, and 10.10.1 instead of 10.10.2).

When installing with UniBeast, it seems no matter what flags I try (I've followed his method METICULOUSLY...about 12 times now). I cannot seem to get past "PCI CONFIGURATION BEGIN". The message comes after the line "appleintele1000e(info): appleintele1000e: rx = 256, tx = 256".

If someone could please help me...I've tried clover (I get a "reboot and select proper boot device").

Any advice or help would be MUCH appreciated. Thank you all!

IMG_0042_web.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0042.JPG
    IMG_0042.JPG
    953.9 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:
did you resolve your problem i have the same problem with 5960x and x99-ud4

No, I didn't unfortunately. Some people more knowledgable than myself here on TonyMac tried as well and didn't get it running either. I think this motherboard/processor/gpu combo is either harder than others, or perhaps there is a nuance or update that locks it out. I can't find many success stories with it, and last I looked I didn't see a single 10.10.2 success story with my components.

I ended up testing a 5830k and an ASUS x99 Deluxe. I could get the 5830k processor working on either motherboard. I could get the 5960x working on the ASUS x99 Deluxe. I could never get the UD4 and 5960x working together w/the 970. Bizarre, and most of the guides have different gpus. I wish someone could figure it out and post their steps. I'll give it another go soon here, I'm just swamped at work for the last few weeks with some SQL stuff. Sorry man. I'll update if successful.

No, I didn't unfortunately. Some people more knowledgable than myself here on TonyMac tried as well and didn't get it running either. I think this motherboard/processor/gpu combo is either harder than others, or perhaps there is a nuance or update that locks it out. I can't find many success stories with it, and last I looked I didn't see a single 10.10.2 success story with my components.

I ended up testing a 5830k and an ASUS x99 Deluxe. I could get the 5830k processor working on either motherboard. I could get the 5960x working on the ASUS x99 Deluxe. I could never get the UD4 and 5960x working together w/the 970. Bizarre, and most of the guides have different gpus. I wish someone could figure it out and post their steps. I'll give it another go soon here, I'm just swamped at work for the last few weeks with some SQL stuff. Sorry man. I'll update if successful.

It looks like you have an issue with the GPU, have you tried loading with onboard graphics?

It looks like you have an issue with the GPU, have you tried loading with onboard graphics?
Really, what onboard graphics...

haswell e doesn't come with onboard graphics. one of the only desktop cpu's without it. since its high end

maybe it's something on BIOS? any one can check this thing ?
x99-ud4 default bios (F7) not working so much

Any progress with it ? If so, how stable did you find it to be ? Did you OCed your Cpu, too ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back