NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I was wondering what graphics card i should get i am not a heavy gamer mostly going to use this computer as a plex media server and will convert lots of movies using handbrake. I need hdmi working 100% i wanting to get one under $100 but doesnt have to be forsure.

im planing to use the following
Processor: Intel Core i7-3770k (BX80637I73770K) will overclock will i5 to i7 make major difference?
Ram: Corsair Vengenace 8gb (2x4gb) DDR3 1600MHz should i get 16 or 8
Power:Corsair Professional Series 650-Watt 80 Plus Certified Power Supply compatible with and Platforms - CMPSU-60HX
Graphics Card: EVGA GeForec GT 640 2048mb GDDR3 Dual DVI, mhdmi Graphics Cards 02g-p4-2643-KR (please tell me if i should get this one)
Cooling for cpu: Corsair Hydro Series H55 Quiet Edition Liquid CPU Cooler (CW-9060010-WW)
Motherboard: I don't which one to get at all i would like to get one with 4 ram slots,wifi,bluetooth,usb 3.0, a PCI slot for tv tuner
Case: i don't know which case i want one that simple elegant has usb 3 maybe lcd for cpu temp and that really quiet

This is my first time building a hackintosh if you have any suggestion please let me know thanks.
I would like to install mountain lion and have everything working also can i hook up home theatre speaker directly to this to use as a audio receiver

I was wondering what graphics card i should get i am not a heavy gamer mostly going to use this computer as a plex media server and will convert lots of movies using handbrake. I need hdmi working 100% i wanting to get one under $100 but doesnt have to be forsure.

im planing to use the following
Processor: Intel Core i7-3770k (BX80637I73770K) will overclock will i5 to i7 make major difference?
Ram: Corsair Vengenace 8gb (2x4gb) DDR3 1600MHz should i get 16 or 8
Power:Corsair Professional Series 650-Watt 80 Plus Certified Power Supply compatible with and Platforms - CMPSU-60HX
Graphics Card: EVGA GeForec GT 640 2048mb GDDR3 Dual DVI, mhdmi Graphics Cards 02g-p4-2643-KR (please tell me if i should get this one)
Cooling for cpu: Corsair Hydro Series H55 Quiet Edition Liquid CPU Cooler (CW-9060010-WW)
Motherboard: I don't which one to get at all i would like to get one with 4 ram slots,wifi,bluetooth,usb 3.0, a PCI slot for tv tuner
Case: i don't know which case i want one that simple elegant has usb 3 maybe lcd for cpu temp and that really quiet

This is my first time building a hackintosh if you have any suggestion please let me know thanks.
I would like to install mountain lion and have everything working also can i hook up home theatre speaker directly to this to use as a audio receiver
For your stated pupose for the build, you do not need a discrete gfx card. Use the HD4000 from the 3770K. Are you looking for something in a horizontal case like your stereo gear or a mini-tower style case? what are the space requirememts for the location-to-be of the build? Makes a big difference in the case type.
4 ram slots and a PCIe for a TV tuner pretty much throws out any mITX board, so your choices are mATX or full ATX boards. Again, size of case is going to make a difference.
Does your home theater system have a S/PDIF input? If it does, best audio will be using it, so look for a mainboard the has S/PDIF output.
S/PDIF can be either coax or optical.

The size does not I'm thinking of a mid tower case to get and the speakers i would like to connect are the ones with the wires steeped showing the copper inside it my receiver stopped working so i was thinking maybe i could use my computer has a receiver to connect them to and the onboard graphic the the i7 will they be able to play full 1080p? and is the i7 bit overkill for this build or not. so what motherboard do you think i should get? thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.

The size does not I'm thinking of a mid tower case to get and the speakers i would like to connect are the ones with the wires steeped showing the copper inside it my receiver stopped working so i was thinking maybe i could use my computer has a receiver to connect them to and the onboard graphic the the i7 will they be able to play full 1080p? and is the i7 bit overkill for this build or not. so what motherboard do you think i should get? thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.

Don't think you can use thase speakers with a PC/Mac. You would need a stereo receiver/amp to run them.

HD4000 is supplied with i7 3770K, i7 3770, i5 3570k and i3 3225. You could use any of these CPUs and have onboard gfx that is capable of maximum 1920x1200 - 1080p is 1920x1080.

Non-powered speakers need an amplifier to work. Your receiver has an amplifier, your computer does not. You can, however, buy a cheaper stereo amplifier if you just want to use them as stereo speakers for the computer, if you don't want to buy a new receiver.

i would like to get a mid tower case and i realized with and montior key board mouse it would go over my budget
intel core i5-3570k cpu
GA-H77-DS3H motherboard
650watt power supply
16gb ddr3 ram
do you know any monitor under 200 thats 24" or bigger i was thinking of HP Pavilion 2311gt 23 inch 3D-Screen LED-lit Monitor but since its 3d will i need a better video card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back